We got a new video from World of Aircraft: Glider Simulator and are asking for some alpha/beta testers! Check this post.

Sign in to follow this  
Peter Lürkens

Sneak Preview: Slope Viewer

Am preparing a small tool that allows to look into CCS' slope data base for consistency check and planning best routes through slopes :winks:

It's still totally crappy, though.

best regards,

Peter

post-176-1194642309.gif

Am preparing a small tool that allows to look into CCS' slope data base for consistency check and planning best routes through slopes :winks:

It's still totally crappy, though.

best regards,

Peter

Peter,

did you know that you have already made such a tool to scan for thermals. Just select the top-down view in FSX, zoom out and you'll see that your cumulusclouds.bgl are visible in that mode too.

I have used that option a lot already to (re-)plan my routes on the fly (and cheating the system to keep me centered in thermals, I must admit).

Bert

Yes, I know that. I use the slope-viewer for debugging CumulusX as it gives me a realtime reference and vizualisation of the slope conditions. Unlike from JCSDAT, which produces basically the same images, it displays the slope-data base, that is actually used by the CCS and Cumulus, together with a geo-reference.

best regards,

Peter