Got the hang of it.

PaulC

I have successfully completed all 3 NZ races. I won't embarress myself with times for the first run of each. I didn't even record them.

When I figured out how the recorder worked I got a dismal time for race 3, but still competitive!

I redid race 1 and figured something must be wrong, I got 00:45:56, 219.6km/h.

I did bounce off one, maybe two slopes which caught me out, but not slewing or restarts, just kissiing the slope with a wing tip, or quickly dropping the gear to bounce of a ridge or two :), swinging down slope and carrying on. (In reality, I'd be dead, I know and I'll get it masted without crashes eventually).

Maybe I'm going about it all ham fisted, but racing in over the crossing ridges on the way to Mt. Aspiring is awesome at 50ft AGL, showing the wing to the wind and running dead into the slope is such a rush, but... it has it's costs when you pick the wrong gully to run up and have to back track or exchange paint for scenery. This may... account for my time on race 1, or it might be something else. Could be doable in that time but not alive.

Havin' fun. Where have you been!?!