Canopy Colour - I Need An Opinion !

Guest Dag

Hi,

I have been working a bit with the external canopy textures to get rid of the unrealistic white stuff currently in the F-16 package. Below are two new textures and the old one shown from inside FSX.

Should I proceed further with my work or should I leave as is? I need the simmers opinion?

Thanks

Second one.

Not only is the colour nicer, but you can see through more clearly.

Good work on ya Dag!

Ok, I forgot to tell, both the second and third will be available quite easily. Most of my paints have the golden fresnel ramp on the fwd transparency but many of Vin's have the greenish blue. So swapping a bit between texture folders gives you both options. The fresnel_ramp texture is the one that determines the tint of the reflection.

Thanks for the input Menendez, I need more opinions?

Thanks

Dag,

I like them both, with having both you can have different aircraft with different canopies, mix it up a little.

Regards,

Rod

What it brews down to is to choose either a greenish or a golden fresnel ramp texture for the front/rear, I can make a folder for each, to paste in as required.

Thanks

Mr. Dag,

This is what I meant; it is a brownish/black color. If you could do that too, I would appreciate it.

James, that's just the "golden colored" canopy but looks darker on the picture. Hard to see the right color on crappy pics.

BTW, Dag made a new green canopy texture that looks even better than number 3 does now :)

James, that's just the "golden colored" canopy but looks darker on the picture. Hard to see the right color on crappy pics....
Mr. Vincent "VinFlyer",

Here are better "quality" pictures of what I was refering to; sort of a brownish tint (but I don't know if it is considered golden or not)... But, please don't feel that anyone is under obligation to make these for me.

Later! :)

F-16-abk.jpg

F-16-abs.jpg

F-16-abu.jpg

• Upvote 2