Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Captain 757 Autopilot Problem

Daniel Roethlisberger

Hello together.

I have recently bought the 757 of Captain Sim (JF box) and I have a problem concerning the autopilot:

Before I taxi to the runway, I program the FMC (Pos Init, Route, Weights, Take-off and so on..). Then I taxi to the runway and activate the autopilot with the F/D, LNAV, A/T arm, V/S and Speed. I hardly ever use VNAV.

When I used to fly the Level-D jet in FS9 (don't own it for FSX), I just had to press the CMD button after take-off and everything worked perfectly fine. When I push the CMD button in the 757 (about 600ft AGL), the plane turns to the LNAV course but V/S and Speed functions don't work. Instead of accelerating to the speed shown on the MCP, the 757 accelerates a good deal more and the nose of the aircraft gets pulled up to a V/S-value which has nothing to do with the one shown on the MCP (about +5'000ft/min).

Where's my fault? Could it be that I forgot to activate a system or something like that?

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Shaun.

I find it wrong that you always divert people to the Just flight forum when they have a problem it’s for me the easy way out. I too bought the Captain 757 from aerosoft and expect the service from the company I bought the software from after all you make a it of commission from the sale I think. I have wrote this in the Just Flight forum and to save you diverting people I will write it in full here

Hello Tom

I have the same problem as you but the auto pilot does not disengage manually

(Still haven't got rid of the instability issues with the AP though. Of particular annoyance is the fact that it randomly decides to go crazy and put full aileron deflection either side, so it continually banks left and right. The only way to stop this is by disengaging the AP, manually getting it back into stable flight and reconnected the AP again, but it does this every few minutes.)

But for some reason when I turn the VOR FREQ panel from auto to manual the auto pilot does disengage. The VOR FREQ panel receives information from the FMC not the other way or has no control over the auto pilot The second mostly at departure is the waggling yes if you look at the flight yoke it swings from side to side looking more like a flying boomerang than a flight yoke. I like this aircraft just two minus points from me 1) in the load manager no fuel loader/planner and 2) The lack of SID STARS even Frankfurt has none which is no small airport.

Hello Fred,

I didn't send anyone to the Just Flight Forums on this thread.

You also get service and support from this company.

Where possible we help out but sometimes with certain problems its best to check the developers support forum.

Also if this is your philosophy please dont buy any products from Simmarket, they provide no product software support whatsoever ;)

I would not think of writing here, should I have bought a product somewhere else. I just bought it from here and thought I would write I don't like having to register on a forum each time and yes and register on 3 forums for one product.I only wrote a qoute here what I wrote in the JF forums nothing was meant to offend anyone and Yes I have most of my software from Aerosoft,amd Hard ware from the Paderborn show.

Hello Fred,

I didn't feel offended :), I know this day and age it can be a pain to register at different forums because of the long winded process now due to spambots at some of them, fingers crossed the new system is working well here so we can let folks do it automatically..

The problem is also made worse when some forums dont let you even look at posts without first having to register.

I personally have found that the aerosoft forum is the most helpful of all. Shaun, Mathjiskok and other members always have the best of intentions even if they redirect you to some other sites. you would not even get a response in some other company forums or even have your posts deleted in some cases if you even mentioned other products. in some other forums, if you critisized their product or gave a hint of bad review, rather than trying to rectify the issue, they simply make your posts disappear. Aerosoft on the other hand will address the issue and try to solve it or even make a patch if necessary. i have much gratitude for the people working in Aerosoft and also the outstanding members. thank you!