Solid state drives to replace Hard disc drives soon.

slipstream

Sandisc have unveiled their new 32gb SSD card. They will soon be replacing notebooks with SSD which is much faster and requires much less power. They believe that HDD will be a thing of the past in a couple of years. No more working parts under the hood. Sounds good to me.

Getting there... Sounds good to me too.

My current FSX installation folder is around 112 GB and my off-FSX sceneries add another few GB. When we can see affordable Terabyte solid states, we'll be looking at super fast software. And at current rates of increas, we could see maybe 250 GB SS Disks in a year or so.

I would definitely welcome the power reduction, but I will keenly follow the cooling issues.

They still have limited read / write hrs, interesting to see what improvements they make in that department.

Yup, but thats been coming on in leaps and bounds recently, a year maybe two and I think drives like this will be prime time.