FS FK and Wide FS

elsmoko

I just installed Wide FS on a secondary computer which is on my home network.

I have been using FS FK Ver 2.7, Build 786 successfully with FS9 on my primary

(Win XP Pro) PC for many months. Are there any special considerations that I

should be aware of before installing and using FS FK on the secondary computer

via Wide FS? >> ie. Must I uninstall FS FK on my primary PC? Can I leave

FS FK installed on my primary PC and have the FS FK generated files on my secondary

computer saved to the existing folders of my initial FS FK installation on my primary PC?

Many thanks,

Ken Boardman

There is a section in the manual about what you need to do for a WideFS installation (e.g. create shares, etc.). There is no need to uninstall FSFK on your main machine, if you don't want to. I also recommend that FSFK uses the local folders as this will have no performance costs (full network speed is not always guaranteed). If you want to share your flights database you can do this by selecting the FSFK database from your main machine on the second machine. This way both installations will use the same database file.

Regards

Thomas

There is a section in the manual about what you need to do for a WideFS installation (e.g. create shares, etc.). There is no need to uninstall FSFK on your main machine, if you don't want to. I also recommend that FSFK uses the local folders as this will have no performance costs (full network speed is not always guaranteed). If you want to share your flights database you can do this by selecting the FSFK database from your main machine on the second machine. This way both installations will use the same database file.

Regards

Thomas

Thank you for the info and the valuable tips Thomas. You've given me alot to work with. I've got Radar Contact V4 working great via WideFS so at least I know I'm on the right track ~ : )

Best regards,

Ken Boardman

Thank you for the info and the valuable tips Thomas. You've given me alot to work with. I've got Radar Contact V4 working great via WideFS so at least I know I'm on the right track ~ : )

Best regards,

Ken Boardman

Hi Thomas,

FS Flight Keeper seems to be functioning fine via WideFS except that the cockpit guage tells me that it's not

connected. FSFK user interface on the secondary computer tells me that it is connected > some disagreement

here :) Is it necessary to recreate the buttons and gauges from the new FSFK installation on the secondary

computer, or do you know of another way to correct this problem, or is there something else going on here that

I am unaware of?

Thanks again,

Ken

You need to connect the ACARS Device (the gauge) with FSFK. There is a button on the toolbar to do this. I recommend to read the manual for further information.

Thomas

Finally found an IP address that worked Thomas. Didn't really have any idea which one to enter on the

"ACARS Device" tab of the Options dialog box. Turned out that my "Internal IP" address is the one that

it needed to connect via WideFS. Looks good now and I'm off for a test fright :lol:

Best regards,

Ken