FS Commander V 8.2

Stanner

Gentlemen,

I am new to FS Commander and have a few questions:

1. On the memu bar I left click on the RW button but nothing happens. The color remains grey. How can I turn this on?

2. Page 22 of the manusl states "You should also uncheck the option.."pause on task switch" in Flight Simulator's Option window which by default is checked. If this option is on, Flight Simulator will pause each and every time the focus is on FlightSim commander."

I am using FS2004 (Fs9), and can find no "pause on task" in the Options menu in the upper task bar. Where in Fs9 is this located?

3. How can I minimize the FS Commander moving map so that I can have the moving map on the instrument panel as a small window ?

4. I assume that FS Commander CANNOT be operated in the full Windows view, if one wants to switch back and forth to the aircraft's instrument panel?

5. The autopilot and GoTo functions will not operate on aircraft such as Level D, and PMDG's that have their own FMC, and autopilot, and do not use FS9 autopilot. Is this correct? I would have to enter the FS Commander flight plan into the FMC of Level D or PMDG, and use the aircraft's autopilot to fly the FS Commander flight plan. Is this corrct?

Thank you.

Stanner

• Administrator
Gentlemen,

I am new to FS Commander and have a few questions:

1. On the memu bar I left click on the RW button but nothing happens. The color remains grey. How can I turn this on?

2. Page 22 of the manusl states "You should also uncheck the option.."pause on task switch" in Flight Simulator's Option window which by default is checked. If this option is on, Flight Simulator will pause each and every time the focus is on FlightSim commander."

I am using FS2004 (Fs9), and can find no "pause on task" in the Options menu in the upper task bar. Where in Fs9 is this located?

3. How can I minimize the FS Commander moving map so that I can have the moving map on the instrument panel as a small window ?

4. I assume that FS Commander CANNOT be operated in the full Windows view, if one wants to switch back and forth to the aircraft's instrument panel?

5. The autopilot and GoTo functions will not operate on aircraft such as Level D, and PMDG's that have their own FMC, and autopilot, and do not use FS9 autopilot. Is this correct? I would have to enter the FS Commander flight plan into the FMC of Level D or PMDG, and use the aircraft's autopilot to fly the FS Commander flight plan. Is this corrct?

Thank you.

Stanner

Hello Stanner,

1. The RW button only works if Flight Sim Commander is not used in full screen mode. Please switch to the windowed mode first (by clicking on the restore down botton in the upper right corner of the window).

2. You can find the "Pause on task switch" option in the FS2004 menu Options-Settings-General

3. and 4. You have to switch the FS2004 to the windowed mode first as well as the FlightSim Commander. Than you can resize and arrange the windows of both programs as you want.

5. You are right. PMDG and LevelD addon aircraft are using very special autopilot features. FlightSim Commander can support the default autopilot functions of FS2004 only. To use flight plans with this aircrafts save your flight plan in the PMDG or LevelD format and load it into the FMC of your aircraft.