New airports waiting for AES

Airlifter

:unsure: Not sure if I can ask this without the risk of being flamed :unsure: , but since yesterday we now have 2 payware airports (KIAD by ImagineSim and LSGG by FSDT) that state in their documentation they will be supported by AES.

Any comment on when we can expect the next release of AES, including these airports?

1.98b for Mega CDG was out almost instantly after the airport hit the virtual stores. I am not suggesting we should see AES 1.99 (??) today or tomorrow, but can we please have an indication on when we can expect to see it?

Best regards,

Frank

...we now have 2 payware airports (KIAD by ImagineSim and LSGG by FSDT) that state in their documentation they will be supported by AES.

The manual that came with LSGG is 29 pages, and never references AES. Users of their forum assume it will because Oliver is a beta tester for FSDT.

Heres what Oliver mentioned a few days ago for KIAD

Hi,

please follow the roles: Only one post per airport and no "nice me too" or "yes I have it" comments.

I go KIAD yesterday, I will take it on the list.

The one that I'm waiting for is tropicalsim mpto in panama a small airport over in Central America, hopefully that makes it to the update list. :(

Relax guys.

As far as Geneva is concerned:

look in the fsdreamteam forum in the lsgg backdoor section, and there is a thread regarding aes.

It will be here soon, relax.

You are as impatient as I am I guess, but do not worry as it is a win- win for everyone involved to make sure it will be released.

Relax guys.

As far as Geneva is concerned:

look in the fsdreamteam forum in the lsgg backdoor section, and there is a thread regarding aes.

It will be here soon, relax.

You are as impatient as I am I guess, but do not worry as it is a win- win for everyone involved to make sure it will be released.

I downloadad to new LSGG trial! It's totally awesome! Ain't buyin it till AES is ready for it!! I've said it before and i'll say it again, As of Jan08 I no longer buy seneries till AES is supported for it. Because I know i'll avoid those airports... perhaps an AES 1.98c??? Lookin forward to those LX LSZH-LSGG regional hops in my Wilco ERJ Legacy!!

The manual that came with LSGG is 29 pages, and never references AES. Users of their forum assume it will because Oliver is a beta tester for FSDT.

Bruce,

From the FSDT LSGG product page:

Features:

Fully customized ground and runways in high resolution, both in FSX and FS9

Ground terrain seamlessly integrated with Flight Simulator.

Native animated inverse-kinematics based jetways in FSX.

AES support in FS9

Many animated custom ground vehicles.

Use of the advanced material properties in FSX, like bump and specular mapping.

Fully 3d taxiways lighting.

Intensive use of LOD techniques in order to offer the best possible performances.

Vegetation that reacts to seasonal changes, with customized snow-covered trees in winter.

Photoreal ground with seasonal variations.

High resolution building textures.

NEW ParkMeâ„¢ feature: working APIS++ and AGNIS-PAPA docking systems with automatic airplane recognition, and parking accuracy evaluation ( FSX only )

NEW YouControlâ„¢ feature: custom airport actions with easy on-screen menu to trigger animations, events,etc ( FSX only

Ain't buyin it till AES is ready for it!! I've said it before and i'll say it again, As of Jan08 I no longer buy seneries till AES is supported for it. Because I know i'll avoid those airports... perhaps an AES 1.98c??? Lookin forward to those LX LSZH-LSGG regional hops in my Wilco ERJ Legacy!!

Same here, I will buy KIAD and LSGG once I can get AES activated for them.

From the FSDT LSGG product page

That product page also says Copyright 2007 at the bottom. They obviously took the product page from one of their other sceneries and changed the name and screen shots. They know it isn't AES compatible yet, somebody just missed editing it before it got posted.

That product page also says Copyright 2007 at the bottom. They obviously took the product page from one of their other sceneries and changed the name and screen shots. They know it isn't AES compatible yet, somebody just missed editing it before it got posted.

The copyright is probably the only thing that was copied...if you read the system specs and requirements, it would have been clear that they are specifically tailored for Geneva, just compare it with JFK, for example.

Since AES support will come quickly after the scenery release, I don't see it as a problem having anticipated it in the specs, we never had AES support on release day anyway.

I confirm AES support for Geneva will come very soon, we already given to Oliver everything that he needs to support it, just give him a break...