Maldives For Fsx?

jbcanada77

I think the Maldives would be a great scenery package for FS. I hope Aerosoft makes this sometime in the future.

I've requested the numerous times before, the last reply was "lack of good source data" if memory serves ... would be nice if that had changed ... of course all of the Maldives might be unrealistic (over 1000 islands, about 90 of which are used for tourism), but perhaps the one or the other atoll surrounding Male, the main island, would be sufficient if done in good detail (like Tahiti)

:rolleyes:

I've requested the numerous times before, the last reply was "lack of good source data" if memory serves ... would be nice if that had changed ... of course all of the Maldives might be unrealistic (over 1000 islands, about 90 of which are used for tourism), but perhaps the one or the other atoll surrounding Male, the main island, would be sufficient if done in good detail (like Tahiti)

:rolleyes:

Yeah I think The Male International Airport(and the city) and the other islands with airports would be good enough.

Yeah I think The Male International Airport(and the city) and the other islands with airports would be good enough.

Unless I'm mistaken, only Male has an airport.

You can reach the other islands either with a boat or a floatplane ... :)

I´d really LOVE to see MaldivesX and I don´t think it´s possible to build every island but some of the main tourist islands operated by TMA and MAT would be fine. Maybe it would be possible to create something like "standard islands" (maybe three or four different types) and drop them into the Indian ocean. ;)

@Marc:

there are four more domestic airports next to MALE (VRMM):

Gan International (VRMG)

Hanimaadhoo Domestic Airport (VRMH): for example ATR 42

Kaadedhdhoo Domestic Airport (VRMT)

Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport (VRMK)

Maldivian Domestic airports

so MaledivesX would be something for bigger aircraft too.

I´d really love to see an new operating area for my Twin Otter!

Thanks for the info, didn't know about those ... :)

Mmm well, perhaps it would be possible to use simple aerial photos for the not-so-interesting islands? They are all flat, anyway ... the interesting ones could be modelled in detail ... so from the air it would look nice, no matter where you are.

There was a Maldives scenery from Lago once ... I do not remember what part it covered, though ...

I had the old Lago Maldives. I still got it on a backup CD somewhere. Regardless, this is a very unique area, and one that I wouldn't mind coming back to FSX. Perhaps the only limiter is whether or not it would be commercially viable ;)

Now, if I hold my breath will it come true?

I think the Maldives would be a great scenery package for FS. I hope Aerosoft makes this sometime in the future.

I'm a 100% with you on that. Some of the islands such as mauritius seychelles madagascar, etc.... in the indian ocean are pretty much stunning and the flying time would be about 8-10 hours.

I know Francevfr has released a scenery for the whole Reunion island and some other carribbean islands.