Twotter Questions

Penguin

Hi,

I have some questions.

1] I bought the twotter cd from pc aviator, it's version 1.1. Where can I download an 1.11 patch/update?

2] I'm confused about the reverse thrusters. When I press F2 both briefly go into reverse then snap back forward. I've tried holding down F2 and same result. What control is F2 mapped to in FSX - settings - controls- buttons/keys? If I could find it, I'd try a different key assignment or try having it repeat.

3] I have a ch pro throttle and ch yoke. I've read here that I need fsuipc to assign reverse thrust on an axis. How much of a hassle is this and what else does fsuipc do? I'd like to hear some opinions on it.

1. If it is the CD ROm from Aerosoft it should be version 1.11 !!

2. You need to bring Your throttles fully back and then hit F2 for reverse thrust. Your controller should offcourse be fully calibrated. With the CH -products thera are a program called "CH Control Manager" - use that for calibration.

3. With FSUIPC You got the option to assign and calibrate Your controls in a much better way. With the current FSUIPC 4.30 Reverse thrust doesn´t function correct, but there is an interim version availble here: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=55488, but it first need to have the 4.30 installed and then replace the dll file with the interim version.

At first it seems a bit confusing to setup assignments and calibration, but by reading the documents that come with FSUIPC it isn´t that hard.

Apart from some very good functions for setting up Your controllers, there are also some weather settings, like wind smoothing etc. as well as some "fixes to FSX" like the battery that looses power to quick etc.

Personally I can only recommend FSUIPC.

Finn

:lol: I finally got this sorted out. F2 is mapped to Throttle {decrease quickly}. Couldn't find a reverse thrusters or a repeat function .

If I move my throttle from zero to full then press F2 the trusters reverse and stay put. I didn't get much aircraft rotation with 1 engine forward and the other reversed. that was with the wheeled 300, maybe the skis or pontoons behave different.

I don´t think 1.11 was released before somewhere in april !!

Contact Aerosoft support and tell them Your problem. I´m sure they can help You: support@aerosoft.com

And yes in FSX F2 "Throttle decrease" engages reversers if held.

I think it is due to limitations in FSX that You ´don´t experience alot of "turn with full forward thrust on one engine whilst full reverse on the other. In water though it is different. Steering by use of different amount of power and even turning by use of ful throttle on one and full reverse on the other engine works great - with practise offcourse ;)

Finn

• Aerosoft
:D Yeah, I can finally turn the pontoon versions around!

I'll try the support team about the 1.11

Thanks!

The 1.11 is at the FAQ/Update section on the shop, a short description on how to get there you can find here:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=8412