Uninstall Manhattan

Everest63

I went to uninstall Manhattan using Add Remove Programs in the Control Panel in Windows XP, but after it says that Manhattan was successfully uninstalled the Aerosoft Manhattan is still seen listed in the program listing in Add Remove Programs. Also, the Aerosoft folder in the root of FS9 still exists with all the files. Here is the path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aerosoft\Manhattan

I had deleted the Manhattan scenery using the FS9 Scenery Library before using Add Remove Programs.

Is it OK for me to just delete the Aerosoft folder in the root of FS9???

I will reinstall Aerosoft Manhattan again.

I had MegaScenery New York installed. I uninstalled it today as it had too many requirements to see the scenery properly. After uninstall of MegaScenery I have a flashing stadium in Brooklyn or Queens. See screenshot. I am hoping that reinstall of Aerosoft Manhattan will rectify the flashing.

Andy

post-17564-1214426676_thumb.jpg

Hi Shaun,

Yes, I used the compatibility patch after I installed MegaScenery over a month ago. In fact, you helped me out with some questions pertaining to it. I uninstalled MegaScenery New York because there were things that had to be done so the scenery would look good. Such as fly at a certain altitude, fly at a certain speed, and lower and raise some of the graphics settings that were not correct for the rest of my scenery in the USA. Too much of a hassle.

Now, pertaining to my question about the uninstall of Manhattan. Please see above.

After uninstall of Manhattan ( did not uninstall correctly, need help with this), I just took a quick flight over NYC and there are buildings in the water and everything looks messed up. See shot.

I went to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Cities\Newyork and there is a folder in there called "Backup_Texture". That must have been created by the Manhattan installer. I also made my own backup of the texture folder before I installed Manhattan.

What would be best, for me to delete that texture folder located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Cities\Newyork, and then copy/paste that texture folder I backed up before I installed Manhattan? Or, correctly uninstall Manhattan as the uninstaller now does not work correctly, and hopefully that uninstaller routine will do something with that "Backup_Texture" folder?

Andy

post-17564-1214501077_thumb.jpg

post-17564-1214501103_thumb.jpg

Hello Andy,

They should be the default files that the Manhattan Installer exchanged for its own.

If you have un-installed Manhattan they try copying them to the New York Texture folder there and see what happens.

Shaun,

I deleted all the files in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Cities\Newyork\texture and used my backup to copy/paste into that texture folder. That restored NYC and now it's back to FS2004 NYC default textures. See pic.

I don't know why that stadium parking lot is flashing, but no big deal.

I am now going to install Aerosoft Manhattan again.

I plan to install FreeFlow New England. I have seen a post at this site in regards to Aerosoft Manhattan and Freeflow New England about two Statue of Liberty's because of two .bgl files, one in Freeflow and one in Aerosoft Manhattan. The user reported he disabled one and all is fine now.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...amp;hl=Freeflow

Shaun, do you know of any other issues with Manhattan and Freeflow New England?

Andy

post-17564-1214576536_thumb.jpg