Add A Gps To The Hughes H-1?

jf77

Is it possible to add a default GPS to the Hughes H-1? I know it doesn't belong to the period when the Hughes was built, but it is so useful :rolleyes:

I have alredy tried to copy a window definition from the default cessna, but when I open this window, the lower half of the screen goes black - looks like a default 2D cockpit without a panel blended in..

Thanks,

Juergen

Hi Juergen

Allthough I don´t like the GPS added to the H-1, here is the procedure

Open up then panel.cfg inside the FSX\simobjects\airplanes\Hughes_H1A and / or Hughes_H1B \ panel folder.

Add marked with red:

[Window Titles]

window00=main

Window01=GPS

Add below the [views] section:

[Window01]

size_mm=456,378

window_size=0.5

position=8

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

zorder=4

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

Instead of the GPS I would consider FSMap from Aerosoft + maps from the period. Those maps can surely be calibrated for use in FSMap.

Just a thought :)

Kind regards

Finn

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

as Shaun Fletcher advised me I asked the question with my GPS Panel trouble here in this Post:

The Modification above is working.

But there is a incompatibility with the status gauge which was implemented in the Update. The gauge isnt working and inside the GPS there are some panels of the status gauge... strange.

Here is a part of my modified panel.cfg

[Window Titles]

window00=main

Window01=Engine_state

Window02=GPS

[Views]

VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=0.0,0.0,1.0

[Window00]

file=Panel_2D.bmp

size_mm=800, 600

position=5

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

visible=1

ident=MAIN_PANEL

[Window01]

file=ENGSTATF_BACKGROUND.bmp

position=2

size_mm=288, 511

windowsize_ratio=0.600

visible=0

ident=Engine_state

[Window02]

size_mm=456,378

window_size=0.5

position=8

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

zorder=4

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

--------------

Maybe anyone can help me?

Thank you very much!

Hello Finn

Otherwise you can use this freeware tool, to add gps to your aircraft or do many other improvements with your flightsimulator.

visit this site http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/

and klick on the english flag down in the right corner of the screen, since i assume u don't speak German :D

The program is for either fs9 or fsx. Their are two version. The program is called "Flusifix"

Hello Finn

Otherwise you can use this freeware tool, to add gps to your aircraft or do many other improvements with your flightsimulator.

visit this site http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/

and klick on the english flag down in the right corner of the screen, since i assume u don't speak German :D

The program is for either fs9 or fsx. Their are two version. The program is called "Flusifix"

Thank You very much for Your reply Daniel, but I don´t have any troubles adding an GPS to an aircraft :)

Finn

Thank You very much for Your reply Daniel, but I don´t have any troubles adding an GPS to an aircraft :)

Finn

LOL.... im sorry. Ill better get some reading glasses :D

My ealier message was meant for Juergen!!!!