Simflight Review Dhc-6 Twin Otter X

Finn

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

And the reviewer also found the single engine flight model is not correct, which is strange. There is actually just one parameter that really determines that and that's the position and pitch of the engines. Those are 100% correct in the flight model. And of course FSX reacts as I would expect, when one engine is failed (and feathered), all trust comes from the remaining engine and the effect on the flight model is actually pretty strong when full power is needed. As a result a lot of trimming is needed. If you like to experiment, just cut the fuel to one engine and and change the prop pitch you'll see how the dead engine affects the flight model. How the reviewer could not notice this is a miracle to us, perhaps he was flying on the lowest realism settings or with AP on. If the reviewers would have contacted us when he noticed the problem with the single engines thrust (like a standard customer would have done) we would have gladly would have helped him to find where the problem was.

The flight model is one of the highlights of this product and a comment like this, clearly not correct, really makes a very nice and readable review rather unreliable. The comments on the VC we accept with grace, it was a decision that keeps the framerate up but we like to say that we only seen comments like this, (both German btw), all the other reviewers liked the VC and we have not seen any customer comments on it. Personally I think the VC is pretty good, see the images as a sample of that. The images shown in the review are indeed not perfect, but that could be the sim settings or the graphics card.

twinotterx_13.jpg

twinotterx_9.jpg

The reviewer also stated that the Twin Otter was a portover from FS2004. The Twin Otter was never made for FS2004 !!

I actually contacted the reviewer about those issues.

He promised to edit the review. When nothing had happened after a week, I contacted him again.

He excused that the edits where made, but the staff responsible for maintaing the site probably didn´t have the time to rectify his review.

It is now 3 weeks since my first contact with him and nothing has changed !

Must be a large company :wacko:

Finn