Aes Panel View - I See The Stairs!!!!

Hi all, i have a problem i have noticed when using an A340-600 by CLS,

I am able to notice that the stairs are infront of the cockpit when i dock on my stand (as below)

3.jpg

why is this?

Also the stairs dont line up all the way but if i use a docking bridge they do?! Weird!

• Developer

Hi,

did I understand you correct: In the outsideview the Stairs are correct, but in the 2D cockpit you see them in front of you?

In this case, it will mean, that your aircraft.cfg has a total wrong viewpoint offset for the cockpit.

Make a test: Please your aircraft in slewmode 90 degrees turned on the runways, so that in the outsideview the cockpit window is alined to the centerline of the runways. Then switch to the 2D Cockpit view to the left, and you will see that the line is not beside your window.

• 11 months later...

The original poster didn't come back to this, but I had the same problem: a forum search brought me to this thread and Oliver's answer helped me solve it.

To be more specific, you need to find the Views section of the aircraft.cfg and increase the first number after eyepoint= If you can see the stairs from the cockpit, try increasing it by about 30 or so.. (The other two values change the lateral and vertical positions of the pilot’s eyepoint).

Thanks to Oliver for pointing me in the right direction,

Martin