LZIB Bratislava Airport for Xbox

SVK1123

I am a user of MS Flight Simulator 2020 on Xbox Series X. I found LZIB Bratislava airport, which is my home airport and I was delighted and bought it right away. It is nicely done but I found 4 problems.
1. There is some hole on runway 4 (fig 1) where the plane overshoots (you can't see it). The spot can be found accurately if you taxi along it.
2. PAPI lights during the day are almost not visible at all (fig. 2)
3. It's as if the "D" part of the taxiway doesn't exist for the tower and sends me across the runway for takeoff and after landing (fig. 3)
4. The scenery completely ignores the IFR flight planning (fig. 4) in the Word map. It always puts it in the flight computer as VFR. It does not even assign an ILS frequency (fig. 5). This does not do it for me with the default airport scenery. Of course, the ATC reports are also as for a VFR flight, even though I have programmed an IFR flight in the Word map (figs. 6 and 7)

I don't know if such problems are also on the PC version. But kudos to the author of the scenery, which is detailed.

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, SVK1123 said:

Я использую MS Flight Simulator 2020 на Xbox Series X. Я нашел аэропорт LZIB Братислава, который является моим домашним аэропортом, обрадовался и сразу же купил его. Это хорошо сделано, но я обнаружил 4 проблемы.

SVK1123, thank you for the detailed report.

I am the author of the project, I have no such problems on the PC.

As soon as I have a chance to test the flaws on the XBOX that you wrote about, I'll get back to you right away.

I live in Ukraine and the last two days have been quite difficult for us. But I will try to do it.

I bought the exact version of LZIB that is sold on the Marketplace today, in order to test it.

The version for PC and XBOX are identical, there is no difference between them and they should work in the same way with regard.

In the video, I recorded that in LZIB, in the simulator menu, you can choose both visual flight and instrument flight. All airport runways, SID, STAR, ILS etc are available.

I found a place on runway 04, where there is a small bump, it is the beginning of the runway. It is not critical. Unfortunately, this happens in MSFS. I will keep this issue in mind and fix it in future updates.

I checked the operation of PAPI in the afternoon. In my opinion, PAPIs work well during the day.

Why exactly, the dispatcher takes you to runway 04 bypassing the taxi 04 part, I will try to find the reason.

The rest, in my opinion, everything is fine.

Thank you for your feedback.

Pavel, thank you for your very good work. I agree with you that i can choose both visual flight and instrument flight and all airport runways, SID, STAR, ILS etc are available. But the problem is that the created VFR flight plan does not transfer correctly to the flight computer (i mainly fly A320), but it always uploads the VFR flight. In the default scenery it uploads the VFR flight plan fine. I haven't purchased a different airport scenery for Xbox, so I don't know if this only applies to LZIB Bratislava or other airports as well. However, if I uninspire the LZIB scenery, it uploads IFR flight plans to the flight computer correctly again and ATC reports the correct ILS approach commands as well. I have no idea how to do this when making scenery for the Xbox, as the last time I did LZIB scenery was 20 years ago and there was no Xbox then :) Unfortunately I haven't used a windows PC for a few years now, I'm Mac positive, so I only use the simulator on Xbox anymore.

I hope you'll be able to check it out on Xbox. Thank you for your work.

I actually don't use the XBOX very much, although I have an XBOX S at home. Therefore, it is difficult for me to say why the flight plan is not transferred to the A320 FMS when using the XBOX.

A little later, I will try to study this question. I was also interested in this question.

Thank you for your feedback!

Hi Pavel, I have some more knowledge that might help you. At the moment I am only "bothered" by 2 of the original comments. It's as if the "D" part of the taxiway doesn't exist for the tower and sends me across the runway for takeoff and after landing and IFR procedures for LZIB.
Here I'll show you that on an IFR flight from LZIB Bratislava to LKTB Brno, the flight is transferred as IFR, but there are no SID and STAR in Word map for departures from LZIB. The only option is to depart directly. Arrival to LKTB is fine, also ATC reports for IFR arrival, but it is default airport from Asobo.

The pictures show IFR flight planning (no SID and STAR option, only direct departure), correct loading of Word chart data into the aircraft computer (ILS27 with frequency and ILS landing procedure) and correct ILS approach reports from ATC.
In the next post I will send you the same but opposite flight.

And here is an IFR flight from LKTB Brno (default airport from Asobo) to LZIB Bratislava (purchased airport scenery). As you can see, LKTB has SID and STAR also for departures, LZIB does offer SID and STAR for ILS approaches, but already when I open Nav Log in Word map, the flight plan is for VFR, not for IFR as I have it set up. Of course, this is also downloaded to the flight plan in the aircraft computer, as you can see (the ILS without frequency and the landing sequence is for VFR). Also ATC issues instructions for VFR.

I firmly believe that you will find a solution for this problem. I don't know if you've had this experience with any other airport you've done for Xbox. I only have this one so far, so I can't compare.

This is, of course, purely a hypothesis, but make your flight, let's say, over a longer distance, not a hundred miles, as from Bratislava to Brno, but, say, 500-700 miles, from Bratislava to Hamburg or Barcelona.
It is possible that the distance somehow affects the entry of data in the Nav Log on the Word map.
This is just a hypothesis :)

I can't confirm your hypothesis yet, because the data Bratislava - Brno was entered correctly in the Nav log in the Word map, but Brno - Bratislava was entered incorrectly. But tomorrow I will try short, medium and long flight.

Hi, Pavel. As I promised, last night I tested the landing sequences with and without additional scenery of LZIB Bratislava airport. The result is as follows. After uninstalling the LZIB Bratislava supplementary scenery all SID and STAR worked without problems, all flight plan data was loaded into Nav log (I assume it is loaded into FMS) and if I selected IFR in Word map, the flight was IFR including ATC reports. After installing the LZIB Bratislava supplemental scenery and selecting IFR flight, the SIDs were missing and even when I selected ILS31 over BERV1 for the arrival, the data for IFR was not loaded into the Nav log but only for VFR. This can be seen in the pictures. So I confirm that for some reason the supplemental scenery is not working properly with the flight planner on the Xbox for IFR flights. 

Hi!
I recorded another small video of the creation of the LZIB-EDDM-LZIB field plan.

First selected a VFR flight plan and opened the NAV LOG.
Then, to compare, I made an IFR flight plan with the selection of SID, ILS and STAR respectively.
Loaded the plane in Bratislava, then in Munich and opened the navigation log from the plane.
A flight plan for IFR is saved with selected runways, ILS, STAR, SID.

In the FMS, I did not enter the flight plan in order not to increase the video time. But there should definitely be no problems with this, especially since the IFR flight plan is preserved in the navigation log. I fly quite often from Bratislava to other cities in Europe, so I am sure of this.

I will check with other developers why some users may be having problems with this.

Thanks!

Hi Pavel, I didn't question that the LZIB Bratislava scenery works on PC. You showed me that in the first video and I fully believe you. The problem is with the scenery on Xbox. I made a video for you as you did for EDDM - LZIB. There you can see that even though I use your procedure, when I use the supplemental scenery LZIB Bratislava, even though I have IFR and ILS entered, Word map still simply creates a VFR flight plan for me. Also towards the end of the video you can see what I mentioned to you, that there is no option to select a departure track when departing, just to depart directly.
You're a smart guy and I hope you can figure out why this scenery refuses IFR flights yet, more specifically ILS landings. Thank you for your work.

Have a nice day.

Please login to view this video.

The fact is that I specially bought the LZIB version the day before yesterday through the simulator store on the Marketplace. It is this version that is purchased on the Marketplace that is also installed on the XBOX.
If Nav Log LZIB works on this version, it doesn't matter what to work on, on PC or on XBOX, because the algorithm of work is the same.

But in any case, I will try to understand this problem that arose in you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pavel, did you manage to test the scenery directly on Xbox? I also bought the scenery of Košice airport LZKZ. Here I don't have this problem with IFR flights (SID and STAR are working). Didn't you put some custom nav points in the scenery?

Thank you.

Hi. I asked a friend to check out Bratislava on XBOX. He is doing well. The IFR flight plan from the simulator menu is displayed.

As for SID and STAR, or some special navigation points, there is no need to place them in the scenery. It is possible to adjust the ILS, say, if there were changes in the real airport, but they were not updated in the simulator. But the navigation data in Bratislava did not change. Neither the glide angle nor the ILS frequency changed. SID and STAR depend on the navigation bases installed in the simulator.

Hey. Hey. Unfortunately I don't understand. When I don't have the scenery installed, IFR works properly. I install the scenery, IFR does not work. I uninstall it, IFR works again. It bothers me because I'm an Airbus enthusiast and I mostly fly IFR and I like to deal with bad weather, but I can't fly IFR on LZIB  :( Maybe I'll try installing the beta version of the simulator to see if anything changes...

My friend, sorry, I don't know your name, no need to install the beta version of the simulator. It's just not necessary.

Please tell me, can you make an IFR flight plan from any airport to Bratislava or from Bratislava to another airport in
SimBrief or in Littlenavmap?

Make the necessary IFR flight plan, enter this flight plan in FMS A320 and calmly fly IFR without making a plan in the simulator menu. Write a flight plan on a piece of paper to enter it in the FMS.
You will be able to fly easily.

Trust me, I don't understand why you don't have an IFR flight plan from the simulator menu. Everything is fine on PC, I made a video for this. My friend's XBOX is also fine. Compiling a flight plan is no different on PC and XBOX.

I'm sure you have a tablet, sign up for SimBrief. SimBrief is great for making flight plans. The prepared flight plan will always be in front of your eyes. If you want to learn to fly IFR, you already need to be able to enter flight plans in the FMS in order to fly according to all the rules.
For aircraft without FMS, VOR and NDB are used for navigation and ILS for landing.

Even if you don't use SimBrief or Littlenavmap, make an IFR flight plan in the simulator menu, write the flight plan on a piece of paper, you can enter it into the A320 FMS and fly according to all IFR rules.
Please do not take hasty steps with reinstallations.

No, i don't use SimBrief or Littlenavmap, since I'm playing on the xbox. I can't use IFR flight plan in the simulator menu (World map), because as I showed you in the video and also in the pictures, after installing LZIB scenery it creates only and only VFR flights to Bratislava for me, even if I give it an IFR flight. That's all I care about, just being able to enter an IFR flight in the Xbox World map like you showed me in the video, but on the PC version.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:20 AM, SVK1123 said:

That's all I care about, just being able to enter an IFR flight in the Xbox World map like you showed me in the video, but on the PC version.

I personally managed to check out Bratislava on XBOX.
I'm sorry I didn't believe you.
From the simulator menu, when selecting an IFR flight, exit and entry can only be made in a straight line. ILS SID and STAR are not available for selection in the flight plan menu.

I'll try to figure it out and make an update. If all goes well, I'll send an update right away in the second half of this week to get it published for XBOX.

Thank you for bringing this up!

I think I found a solution. The MSFS forum has been discussing this issue for quite some time. Many users on XBOX have similar problems with different airports. This problem became especially relevant after the release of the SU9 update.
So, one user suggests doing the following, I'll copy his message and send a link.

"Then started FS2020 and clicked on General Options then selected: Data. There I set Rolling Cache OFF and I clicked the button “Delete Rolling Cache”.
Then the entire Rolling Cache will be cleared.
After that I closed FS2020.
Then I started FS2020 again. I turned the Rolling Cache back on via General Options > Data. And a Rolling Cache Limit set to 20 GB. Then a new Rolling Cache space is created. Then I stopped FS2020 again and then started it again.
ILS works again perfectly.
I’m happy; the purple diamonds and other ILS markings on the Primary Flight Display (PFD) are back and ILS is back to normal!
I hope to have helped others with this."

I honestly don't understand how it can have an effect, but it partially worked for me.
When creating an IFR plan for a flight to Bratislava, I had the opportunity to choose ILS and STAR.
For the departure from Bratislava, I can select the runway, but I cannot select the SID. But the IFR flight plan is stored in the NAV Log.

A little later, I will make a video.
For me, using XBOX is like the first time a person sits on a bicycle, it is very uncomfortable for me.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ils-not-working-correctly-since-su9-xbox/516492/10

I recorded 2 videos. I recorded on my phone, I have no idea how to record video in XBOX. But the video quality is good.
The first is the arrival in Bratislava from Munich.
I chose to create an IFR plan, in Bratislava I chose ILS 22 and STAR. Opened the navigation log. All data is saved.
Then in the A320, in order to show it clearly, I set the switch to edit the flight plan and walked through all the points of the route, including the approach. Everything works great.

The second video, departure from Bratislava.
An IFR flight plan is compiled and imported into the FMS. But I could not choose a seed.

Perhaps this is a feature of the XBOX. I read on the developer forum about this problem. Can manually enter the SID, other points in the html file, but this is not recommended, because the consequences can be unpredictable. This is done in exceptional cases. For example, Berlin-Tegel Airport. The airport is currently closed, but the scenery is there. Navigation data is no longer updated. In this case, they are entered manually in the html file. In other cases, it is not recommended to do this.

As a conclusion. You can fly to Bratislava by IFR. The flight plan is saved and imported into the FMS automatically with ILS and STAR selected.

Departure from Bratislava is also carried out under IFR, the flight plan is automatically imported into FMS. By exception, it is not possible to select a SID.

I will try to figure out how to improve the departure. But, I think, it will not be so fast. In my opinion, this is influenced by the peculiarities of the XBOX

Video EDDM - LZIB

Vedeo LZIB - EDDM

Hi Pavel. Thank you for the info. I'm glad you confirmed the strange behavior of the Xbox with LZIB. And you don't have to apologize, the important thing is that the error is identified. I'm out of the house today, so I'll test tomorrow, but I have Rolling Cache Off permanently because I have fast internet. But I will try to refresh it. Otherwise, it doesn't work on the first video either. STAR is missing there. It should be BERVA - IB621 - IB631- ASTON. For example, try the IFR flight Brno - Bratislava and you will see that the VFR flight will guide you. But I'll test tomorrow and let you know so I don't speculate.

Thank you.

Hi, Pavel. As promised, first thing this morning I tested the recommendation you sent me with Rolling Cache. This does not work. I have Rolling Cache turned off, so I don't cache scenery. But I tried the above procedure anyway. At the moment I only have 3 sceneries of airports. LZIB Bratislava, LZKZ Košice and a free airport from Aerosoft EDLP Paderborn Lippstadt. LZKZ and EDLP work for IFR flights with both SID and STAR. LZIB does not at this time. In the attached pictures you can see the difference for IFR flight plans without LZIB scenery and with LZIB scenery. With scenery, the flight is always VFR only, even if you select IFR and also select the landing procedure for the ILS. The pictures show a specific case for an IFR flight to LZIB on ILS 31 arrivals BERV1U. You can test a short IFR flight from Brno or Vienna to Bratislava and you will see that ATC will also navigate you for visual approach even if you have IFR flight defined. I'm assuming there's a nav point defined in that scenery or something that the Xbox can't handle. It can only work with the database in Asobo's flight simulator. I trust you'll find that bug and I wish you luck in doing so. Thank you for your cooperation.

• 3 weeks later...