Bravo Throttle AFC Bridgenot working an why is the executable and the updater placed in user's Documents folder?

I've downloaded and installed this utility that allegedly fixes the Bravo Throttle LED issue but it does not work. I see an AFC_Bridge folder in my MSFS Community package folder but when I load a flight and am sitting in a plane with the engine running, the throttle lights remain unlit. If I go to Content Manager within MSFS, I see AFC Bridge shows up in the "Not Installed" listing but selecting it so it is ticked does not allow me to activate an instal (see screenshot). What is going on here?

I'm also amazed that the installer and updater for this utility put the utility application files in my Documents folder. This is no place for a Windows installer to put executables. The most commonly accepted and best-practice place to put executables on a Windows platform is Program Files or Program Files (x86) and to set things up so that the executable and the uninstaller show in the Start menu. After installation, all I see is a shortcut on my desktop but no entry in Start menu. I don't like shortcuts automatically being placed on my desktop. Installers usually give you an option to do so. Frankly, all this gives the impression of a somewhat naive and ill-informed approach to software product installation.

Any help getting this throttle LED issue solved will be appreciated. I'm close to sending this back given the poor performance of the trim wheel too and that would make me sad as the Yoke works great.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

log_as_honeycomb_msfs.log

My personal experience: The Bravo requires something like Axis and Ohs or Spad.next to work optimally.

• Aerosoft

The driver for MSFS has no interface.
It is used for the lights.
If the lights don't start automatically, check this tutorial :
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/176391-what-to-do-if-the-bravo-lights-don’t-work-under-msfs/

As for external utilities such as Axis&Ohs, SpadNext, FSUIPC, this is true for all the HID controllers because complex aircraft often us Lvars to controls functions.
As MSFS does not allow the assignments to Lvars fom the standard Controllers configuration window, an external utility capable

of adressing Lvars must be used.

Thanks, are you able to post the variables used to control the default lights? So that users of external utilities can setup their device to get LED-behavior as intended?

• Aerosoft

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean.

Do you mean the annunciator lights on the Bravo ?
And you want the Lvars of aircraft corresponding to each light ?

If this is for default aircraft, that is what the standard driver is intended to.

Yes, but since I don’t run the standard driver, as I need more configurations, and belive running both external software and the driver could lead to some conflicts, perhaps mapping the features from the standard driver to external software could be a good idea?