society islands - Tahiti VRAM requirements

Hi, I would like to know whether this scenery can be run with 4GB VRAM, as in the system requirements 8GB are advertised as minimum.

• Developer

It should run with 4 GB but you might have to reduce some settings, having 8 GB of VRAM in my opinion is mandatory for XP if you want to be on the safe side with good performance and good visuals - and even then, this is the baseline, XP really benefits from having more VRAM. Further, running the scenery in XP11 witht only 4 GB of VRAM will work better than the same situation in XP12 which does use more VRAM in general.

Anyway, just to be on the safe side with these informations, I have also recommended to have at least 6 GB VRAM for the sceneries I have updated for XP12 because XP12 needs more VRAM than XP11 and I expect the Maps2XPlane team doing the same here.

TLDR: I'm pretty sure you will be able to run the scenery but it might need reducing some settings.

• Upvote 1

@cocacolo Thanks for your interest in our scenery packages, and sorry, somehow I missed this thread! In addition to what @FlyAgi has already written, I strongly recommend 8GB+ VRAM for Society Islands XP. For both, Bora Bora & Leeward Islands, and especially the sequel Tahiti & Windward Islands. With less VRAM, even if it will somehow be runnable with massively reduced graphic settings, you will presumably not very happy - likely also not in XP11.