Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

Heathrow 2008 For Fs9 - Ctd Problem

Jimmy44

Hi, wondering if someone can help me. I have been having CTD's when approaching Heathrow 2008. The problem happens irrespective of what airport I fly from, and happens usually when I am approaching the localiser. It doesn't matter which runway or approach I make, the CTD happens at roughly the same stage in each flight, i.e near the final approach stage at apprx 2500 feet. The problem doersn't occur when i fly from Heathrow, only when I fly to it.

I have a very high end system with no problem at any other airport. I have all the addons including Active Weather, UltimateTerrain Europe, Ground Environment, Flight Environment, Traffic 2005. I usually fly the PMDG 747 and I have Radar Contact, Active Camera, FS Passengers.

I have read in other threads that some people have had CTD in FSX but I havn't heard about the same problem in FS9 yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

James

Hello James,

Does this happen without using the PMDG or can you fly the PMDG in without using the nav database IE: Whilst using the FMC.

Can you do a circuit and land using just the ILS frequency tuned in.

We suspect that there may be an issue with the Nav Database of the PMDG as it seems most other aircraft can fly in witrh no problems.

Hello James,

Does this happen without using the PMDG or can you fly the PMDG in without using the nav database IE: Whilst using the FMC.

Can you do a circuit and land using just the ILS frequency tuned in.

We suspect that there may be an issue with the Nav Database of the PMDG as it seems most other aircraft can fly in witrh no problems.

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the reply - I'll try some of your suggestions above and let you know! Rgds

J

I tried an approach to heathrow from bristol not using the PMDG 747 FMC but sadly the same CTD happened as I approached the airport so it can't be a problem with the navigation system. I'll see if happens with another aircraft.

Also noticed the problem happens at almost exactly the same point which is about 10nm from the airport. I'm sure its a scenery issue.

Cheers

Hi Shaun,

I tried a visual approach with the Level-D 767 and the same CTD occured on approach to Heathrow so it isn't a PMDG problem this one. Any ideas? Thanks for your help

J

Actually not sure but I can check - do you know which folder I have to look in to check this? Sorry not too familiar with AFCAD!

Also I did try the default hathrow as well as another payware heathrow airport and it worked fine so for some reason it only seems to be the aerosoft version.

Hello Jimmy,

The easy way to check is to download the AFCAD Utility by Lee Swordy from Avsim.

Then run the program and do a search using the ICAO code.

This will them list any AFCAD files for the airport, typically you would want 1 Mod and 1 Stock when you have a 3rd party scenery installed.

I say typically because you could have more than one if AFCAD Overlays etc are involved, not often these days though.

Open the Afcad file in the utility and then check the properties to find its location, anything other than the Stock and Sim-Wings one want disabling.

• Upvote 1