Svalbard winter textures for X-Plane 11 Steam Version.

Hi,

I'm using x-plane 11 from Steam platform, and I suppose there might be some differences to the regular X-plane 11. I also bought the Svalbard DLC over there, and I don't know now how to enable the winter textures? I found the documentation PDF which says I should use JSGME.EXE to activate them, but there was no such file. So I downloaded it, but after launching it there was no mods at all. Neither in the default MODS folder, nor in 'Custom Scenery' folder. Can anybody help me with this, and tell me how to set these winter textures? Thank you in advance if you could.

Manual_Svalbard_XP_de-en.pdf

Hi Marek,

Thanks for your purchase of Svalbard XP!

With the update of Svalbard XP to V1.1, JSGME (and other plugins) became obsolete, see also the release announcement.

The change of seasonal texture sets (summer and winter) has been automated with this update. The manual is no longer up-to-date in this regard, I'm sorry! Howsoever, no third-party plugin is necessary anymore: The seasonal texture sets are loaded depending on the date in your flight settings: For example, try April, and then July. BTW: Sometimes X-Plane (especially XP11, but also XP12) does not automatically reload the custom seasonal texture sets (already reported to Laminar Research), then it helps to trigger the change manually via the menu: "Developer > Reload the Scenery".

Let me know, if it works as expected (I tested it Non-Steam, and for me it works).

Enjoy exploring #Svalbard4XPlane!

Greets, Matthias