GCLA and VDGS

birkenmoped
Go to solution Solved by BenBaron,

I have a problem with VDGS and the Sim-Wings GCLA scenery I bought through Marketplace. (FS2020 Steam version)

The Marketplace version is displayed with 1.0.2 and should be "Up to date"! (see screenshot)

VDGS reports "No items to display".

Under "Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver\airports" there is a XML file with the name "simwings_gcla.xml".

It says: packageName="simwings-airport-gcla-la-palma".

But the folder from the Marketplace under "Official\Steam\" is called "aerosoft-airport-gcla-la-palma".

Attached is my "aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log" file.

Thanks for the help

With kind regards

S. Sabel

Please login to display this image.

aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log

• Aerosoft

Hi S.:

thanks for your exemplary description of the problem...find attached an altered xml file for you to try. Backup the original file before replacing it with this one. If you come back to me confirming that it works, the new file will become part of the official next vdgs-driver package update through Aerosoft One.

simwings_gcla.xml

Hello BenBaron,

thanks for the help.

Basically, the VDGS now work, but the positioning of the indicators (currently) is still "unfavorable" (see screenshots).

I could imagine that this is possibly due to the Marketplace version 1.0.2! According to the Aerosoft-Shop the current version is 1.1.1.0, whereas the previous version 1.1.0.0 introduced support for the Aerosoft VDGS systems. Perhaps then also smaller adjustments were made to the scenery, which lead to the display problems in the 1.0.2.0?!

Unfortunately, you can not see in the store, when the individual versions were released. It would be nice to know how long you have to wait for the update as a Marketplace buyer? One reads again and again in different Forem and / or different manufacturers, that depends solely on Microsoft and can take between a few days and several months, which is of course somewhat incomprehensible as a buyer in 2023!? 😞

Greetings

S.Sabel

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
  • Solution
Am 13.8.2023 um 09:53 schrieb birkenmoped:

Hello BenBaron,

thanks for the help.

Basically, the VDGS now work, but the positioning of the indicators (currently) is still "unfavorable" (see screenshots).

Thanks S: this indeed looks like a scenery positioning issue.

I am trying to follow up with the developers of GCLA re the versioning of the marketplace version and will let you know once I have something to report.

• 3 weeks later...
Am 15.8.2023 um 20:00 schrieb BenBaron:

Thanks S: this indeed looks like a scenery positioning issue.

I am trying to follow up with the developers of GCLA re the versioning of the marketplace version and will let you know once I have something to report.

I wait also for an update of the GCTS scenery at the marketplace since January 2023. Can you give that also to the developer?

• Upvote 2