Waypoints in MCDU disappear after takeoff or when going back from select to managed mode (HDG)

For a long time, my A320/321 and A330 worked according to expectations.

Since a few days, I have two troubling observations (observed in different flights; am able to reproduce)

i) After TO I switch on the AP and the plane behaves normally. Then I switch HDG from managed to select mode, deviate slightly from the MCDU route, then want to go back into managed mode again (NAV). This is when in the MCDU the waypoints disappear in rapid succession. If I am lucky and have the active FP copied in the secondary, I was able to reactive the FP from the secondary.

ii) When departing from LSZH (16) immediately after takeoff, all waypoints where gone with the exception of the ones belonging to ILS4 in LSGG. While on the ground in LSZH, a blue "top of climb" indicator appeared randomly on the ND, always straight ahead of the planes heading, but totally unrelated to the MCDU route, which seems odd to start with.

I run P3Dv4.5 (latest build), AS_P3D & ASCA, GSX, AIG for AI Traffic, Flightplan from Simbrief, AIRAC cycle is current (Navigraph)

What have I changed before things went wrong.

Before: Started Cold & Dark, Checklists on, ran through every single checklist to the dot.

Now: Start Cold and Dark, Checklists off. Still starting up in the proper sequence but skip some items (Firetests, Oxygen masks etc.). 

I am able to properly program the MCDU (Init page A/B, ZFV, dep and arrival airports, SIDS, STARS, TO speeds etc.). Done that many times, alwas worked.

Pics are from LSZH departure

Please login to display this image.

I did some further experiments: I uninstalled / reinstalled the A320 and the waypoints no longer disappear. Looks like this part of the problem is solved.

However, I still have the following: I start up the plane from c&d. When I, during this process - for example while I set the initially expected cleared altitude in the Flight Control Unit - briefly put the heading selector in "select mode" and then back in "managed mode", this will later lead to a problem during take off.

The FMA then - when lifting off - does not go into NAV mode but gets stuck in HDG mode. It looks to me as if the brief switch to "select mode" gets somehow stuck / or remembered in the system.

Has anybody else made this observation? And is it normal, i.e. is this how the system is intended to work? I does not feel right to me.