Aerosoft One not installing.

sentinel

I've been here before. When I click on the desktop icon it deletes itself. I cannot run the installer again unless I restart the computer, then the same happens again. No AV running. The last time this happened it took three days to resolve even though no action was taken by me. I'm out of ideas now :(

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, sentinel said:

I've been here before. When I click on the desktop icon it deletes itself. I cannot run the installer again unless I restart the computer, then the same happens again. No AV running. The last time this happened it took three days to resolve even though no action was taken by me. I'm out of ideas now :(

So the last time it was solved without any interaction from you or us? That really seems to suggest something local that causes the issue. Are you running as Administrator?

Good morning,

Yes, I did nothing last time apart from turning off Defender and excluding folders etc, and eventually it worked after leaving it overnight. Tried with and without Admin, restarting, shutdown and restart. It appears to install sometimes and the icon shows on the desktop. When I click that it vanishes and I can't try installing again without restarting the computer.

I'm going to try on a different pc that has MSFS installed.

It works on another pc. Same internet connection. It's obviously something local to my pc so I guess I'll have to persevere. It seems to install and then delete itself when I click to run it.

I don't expect you to troubleshoot my setup for me; I'll post if I find a solution. There must be one :)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

A very basic question, maybe.
After you try to run it and it disapears/deletes, can't you see it anymore in the running processes ? (SHIFT-CTRL-ESC)

Yes, showing 0% cpu, 3.1 MB memory. First time I've ever seen it.

I downloaded on computer#2 to a memory stick. Don't know if that made a difference but still vanished when I clicked on the desktop icon.

A weekend of trying but nothing. Obviously I can't buy anything from yourselves now so you may as well close this topic.

Best wishes

Rob J