Aerosoft CRJ Professional P3D V4.5 HF3 Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant Problem

I just got my Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant recently and I have a big problem with the CRJ Professional. On the EFB I cannot get the calibration to respond. It simply will not register the throttles. Everything is set in P3D axis settings. Spoiler axis works. Flaps axis works. P3D registers the throttle 1 and 2 axis. I cannot get the throttle axis to work even when confirmed that it is assigned in P3D Axis assignment.. The EFB just does not read the input of the throttle axis. Can someone help me on this?

Jeff

• Aerosoft

Please post in the appropriate forum next time .

There is one dedicated to hardware with P3D.

Please post a screenshot of the throttle axes assignments you made in P3D.

Thank you for your response and alerting me to the correct forum.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the CRJ Professional and updated it to v2.5.0.6. Again I get no reaction to the EFB controller calibration. I then ran the plane in default running state (engines on and ready) and as soon as I moved a throttle the plane went berserk and was flying through the sky uncontrolled. I have attached screen shots.

I also have the registered version of FSUIPC 6 and it reads the throttle axis correctly. I did not assign any axis assignments in FSUIPC. Windows default joystick program reads this axis just fine. I have tried other aircraft like FSLabs A320 and everything works fine.

This is a CRJ program problem I think.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

The EFB shows that you selected Single Axis Throttle Type while you are using and assigned a dual throttle.

Please first set the EFB on Dual Axis.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Some questions and test to perform: 

Make sure you did the full correct EFB calibration with the TWO axes and that the calibration remains even after closing and restarting the EFB.

(You can post a screenshot of the EFB after the calibration) 

Can you check that no other control (joystick for instance) has an axis or button still assigned to a throttle function ?

Is the Bravo correctly calibrated in the Windows Peripheral calibration utility? 

Are the axes movements smooth an linear ?

If you physically disconnect the Bravo and control the throttles with the keyboard, does it correctly work ?

Please also perform this test : temporary move the whole Modules folder (where FSUIPC) is elsewhere. (On the desktop for instance) and restart the simulator. 

Did you use the Honeycomb Configurator? 

Altough it doesn't handle axes, there may be some buttons still wrongly assigned. Please check and in doubt, make sure to load an empty Configurator profile.

9 hours ago, SimWare said:

Please also perform this test : temporary move the whole Modules folder (where FSUIPC) is elsewhere. (On the desktop for instance) and restart the simulator. 

I did this test and OMG I finally found out that it was FSUIPC that causing headaches. I moved the Modules folder out and the throttles work and calibrated. Then I moved the Modules folder with FSUIPC back then the same problem happened. Once I move an axis the plane is suddenly in the air and out of control. A further test I removed the FSUIPC.ini file, which by the way NOTHING was calibrated for the CRJ, and the plane works normally. I will post over to FSUIPC forum about this.

Thank you very much for your support on this. I was almost ready to give up!

Jeff

• Thanks 2

• Aerosoft

Thank you for the feedback.

I have seen this issue on several occasions already.
There may be some remains of either previous settings or setting for other aicraft involving direct interface with sim axes (as opposed to specific FSUIPC offsets)
Try to always check the Aircraft Specific option.
It isn't a guarantee if will 100% work, but it surely helps.
(Reinstalling FSUIPC from scratch has proven to solve the issue too)

• Upvote 1