PFPX crashes when planning a route.

I installed version 2.04, I really like it, it's great software, but when I plan a route, it crashes after 20 seconds. I will be grateful for your help.

Please login to display this image.

The issue looks to be graphic driver related however ensure you have the latest Microsoft vcredist 2015-2022 installed available from HERE, install both x86 and x64.

Did you uninstall v1.28 before the 2.04 install?

I have just added a PMDG 737-700 entry using the PFPX supplied files and generated a number of routes in Europe using AIRAC 2203 and David's directs files.

Which weather source are you using, if any.

Can you provide the airport pairs for when the crash occurs, maybe post a snapshot of the planning screen up to where the crash would occur.

PFPX crashed when I planned a route LKTB LMML or LOWW LMML. I received information that the route is not in the database. When I planned FL LOW manually, it crashed. I have a Nav 2302, I use Active Sky for weather, I have a wx2pfpx-grid based file in the Weather folder.

22 minutes ago, Wacław-Zdzisław Graliński said:

I have a wx2pfpx-grid based file in the Weather folder.

You changed the ActiveSky path in PFPX to the wx2pfpx output folder ?

Tested those airport pairs using the PMDG 737-700 entry and your weather setup, couldn't replicate the crash. You would be best served using the find route option rather than low airways planning in Europe where Free Route Airspace has replaced many airways with some countries having no published airways at all.

Assuming the cause of the crash remains the same, atioglxx.dll, then I still suspect a graphics issue. This was resolved in a version of 1.28 and doesn't appear to reported on the forum since it was fixed at that time, and not in v2.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use