AFC Bridge Plugin for MAC M1

Just for the purposes of showing the demand of the AFC Bridge plugin for the Apple Silicon chips, I'm writing a comment... From reading the history of this forum post, it seems that the developers are taking a long time to get this done. Especially since Apple's M1 Macs have been out for over 2 years now.  Also, someone did make a comment saying 'More will come after the new year.' Just saying, the New Year has already passed and it's almost the 6th month of the year!

If the developers are really struggling to get the software working with the ARM architecture. They might as well just make it open-source, and the community can chip in as well.

There's no point in constantly waiting, in other words "if we are constantly waiting, it's gonna take forever to happen..." They just need a prompt to get it done and finished with.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but just making a point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still no word or update or where this stand on the roadmap.  I really wish we could get an insight as to how do we get this to work natively with M1.  Us Mac users M1 really want this.  Please tell us something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just another mac m-1 user waiting patiently for native afc bridge plugin;    X-plane 12 has been out for almost a year but no new plugin for m-1 Macs, it really shouldn't't be that difficult to port it from x-plane 11 or rosetta where it worked fine

On 9/5/2023 at 10:10 PM, Gleen G said:

Just another mac m-1 user waiting patiently for native afc bridge plugin;    X-plane 12 has been out for almost a year but no new plugin for m-1 Macs, it really shouldn't't be that difficult to port it from x-plane 11 or rosetta where it worked fine

Yeah dead silence.  I have not heard anything and quite frankly not sure if they will give it the time of day.  They would have given an update.  Oh well!

• 4 weeks later...

This is just becoming a joke, I start regretting I bought expensive Honeycomb controls as I cannot use the main features with my setup. 

Go with cheap Logitech setup if you run Macs.

yes I agree.  They are really terrible.  They never say anything on the development for the compatibility of Mac M1 or M2.  I totally regret as well and will post a review on this for future Mac users.

I really wish I would have seen this thread before purchasing the entire honeycomb setup.

I have the Honeycomb Alpha yoke and Bravo quadrant, both are used for x-plane 12 on my Apple Mac Studio with the M1 Max chip. I did the software install EXACTLY as described in the Honeycomb installation instructions, first downloading the file, unzipping it, copying  the BFC folder and the joystick config folder contents into their respective x-plane folders.

The yoke functions as expected, but the quadrant has the following issues:

1. The axis labels are not in order, I’ve attached a photo.

2. The throttles and flaps axis have to be set to reverse axis otherwise they will function the opposite of their input (e.g. if the throttle is set to idle, it’ll show full throttle in gameplay).

3. and this is the most important, I cannot get the autopilot panel to work. I spent ALLLL day configuring it with the HC configurator, saving and activating profiles, and exporting them to the relevant x-plane directory, but when I load up x-plane, I cannot find the profiles anywhere.

I know the user base for flight simmers using Mac isn’t as big as it is with PC users but that doesn’t mean we should be left out.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...

the developer has gone silent and totally ignoring Mac users.  Not one pin drop on recoding this to work apple silicon.  Dont even know how else to get in touch with them.  Terrible.  Regrets.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...