X-Plane 12 Compatibility / Updates

I'm very tempted to pick up the Society Islands scenery and possibly some others but I was just wondering about X-Plane 12 updates? The 3d waves in XP12 seem to mess with island scenery especially. Thanks!

So far all scenery packages by Maps2XPlane released for XP11 work also with XP12 beta. With "working" I mean that the sceneries packages don't cause XP12 beta to crash. There are, however, some minor issues, but please mind that XP12 is still in a very early phase of its beta stadium.

We discussed the issues with Laminar Research, and if there is no solution with future versions of XP12, we'll look for workarounds! And of course, we also plan to make use of new XP12 features: We're not entirely sure yet in which order we'll tackle the updates, but #SocietyIslands4XPlane is pretty high on the wish list.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll pull-the-trigger on Society Islands then as I love flying around the South Pacific.

I've had issues with other island scenery (not from M2XP) having a 'step' around the edges of the island (or outer reef) which looks terrible.

• Thanks 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb smithw84:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll pull-the-trigger on Society Islands then as I love flying around the South Pacific.

Thank you very much 🙂 If there are any issues which are not XP12- but scenery-related then don't hesitate to contact me via PM. As for XP12 waterbodies, particularly coasts and shores, that is still something that is work in progress by Laminar Research. Once we know what is being done by LR and where we need to intervene, we will take action!