Aero 2022 in Friedrichshafen / C42 Motion Sim with X-Plane 11

• Administrator

Hello,

I got an interesting info from Mario Donick here, which I would like to share with you.

Mario was there for a while as an X-Plane 11 supporter to support me.

Here is his information concerning a moving simulator of the C42 with X-Plane 11 pro version:

---------------------------

Hello dear Aerosoft friends :)
I would like to inform you about an exciting X-Plane project that will be presented at AERO 2022 in Friedrichshafen.
The flight school and Comco distributor FunFlight GmbH will present at AERO the prototype of a life-size C42 simulator they are developing together with Comco-Ikarus.
The simulator is based on a C42 airframe mounted on a movable platform. The platform, instruments and cockpit controls are software-linked to the Pro version of X-Plane 11.
X-Plane runs a flight model developed in 2018 by vFlyteAir - it's the same model we had created based on my own flying experience in Magdeburg, courtesy of Flugsportzentrum Mitteldeutschland, and it's also available from Aerosoft as an X-Plane add-on.
The experience is already amazingly lifelike despite the prototype stage.
The prototype will be on display in hall B1 booth 301 (i.e. not in the special simulator area, but at Comco-Ikarus).
The project shows very nicely the potential of X-Plane and flight simulation for real general aviation as well.
Unfortunately, I myself or my vFlyteAir colleagues can not be present, but we would still be happy if the joint project of FunFlight and Comco-Ikarus arouses your interest, you just come by or even inform you known contacts.

Kind regards Mario.
--------------------------

Here some more infos:

Flugsimulation ganz real: C42-Simulator auf der AERO in Friedrichshafen (27.-30.04.2022) – ÜBER/STROM (wordpress.com)

Many greetings

Heinz