Aircraft Thoughts

elcamino

We have beavers, twin otters, super otters. What we do not have is a large robust noisy DeHavilland .

Years ago while at Patuxent River Maryland for training, I'd spend most of the day at Webster Field.

Usually the day would be broken by Navy DHC-3 Otters coming in for a series of touch and go's.

There hasn't been a good Otter that I can find since fs2000/2002. Any Thoughts?

http://www.oldwings.nl/content/dhc3/dhc3.htm

In Norhwestern Ontario, we have a pile of Otters still operational, slowly being replaced by turbine Otters. An Aerosoft rendition would definitely be excellent.

Cheers

Larry

In Norhwestern Ontario, we have a pile of Otters still operational, slowly being replaced by turbine Otters. An Aerosoft rendition would definitely be excellent.

Cheers

Larry

I got the privilege to fly one of these beauties almost 30 years ago when I was 14 years old and in the Canadian version of Air Cadets

Must say it was THE MOST MEMORABLE TIME OF MY LIFE

I would Defiantly buy that one

Back in '54, I was adopted into a fine family, and my new Dad was Chief Powerplant Engineer at de Havilland Canada. As an aviation buff since I first looked up at the sky, I couldn't believe my good fortune at being brought so close to aviation, and in my first visit to the de Havilland plant, I saw the Otters (inter alia) being built on the assembly line.

So imagine my complete joy when, a year or so later, I found that Dad had gotten me a seat on an Otter trip to Northern Ontario! I'll never forget the sound of that engine, with its augmenter-tube exhaust (the photo above shows them nicely, two to a side). Those tubes gave the Otter a very distinctive sound that anyone who's heard it will never forget.

So I'd be jostling to be first in line, if Aerosoft put its excellent resources into producing a "stock" Otter! Hot diggety, what an exciting prospect that would be! :shock:

• Aerosoft
Back in '54, I was adopted into a fine family, and my new Dad was Chief Powerplant Engineer at de Havilland Canada. As an aviation buff since I first looked up at the sky, I couldn't believe my good fortune at being brought so close to aviation, and in my first visit to the de Havilland plant, I saw the Otters (inter alia) being built on the assembly line.

So imagine my complete joy when, a year or so later, I found that Dad had gotten me a seat on an Otter trip to Northern Ontario! I'll never forget the sound of that engine, with its augmenter-tube exhaust (the photo above shows them nicely, two to a side). Those tubes gave the Otter a very distinctive sound that anyone who's heard it will never forget.

So I'd be jostling to be first in line, if Aerosoft put its excellent resources into producing a "stock" Otter! Hot diggety, what an exciting prospect that would be! :shock:

Darned, you must be over 21 then, lol.

. . . Darned, you must be over 21 then, lol.
A tad! :lol: Pushing-up on 70, now -- which is why I have all this nice retirement time to fly to exotic destinations in various exotic Aerosoft aerodynes! 8)

. . . Darned, you must be over 21 then, lol.
A tad! :lol: Pushing-up on 70, now -- which is why I have all this nice retirement time to fly to exotic destinations in various exotic Aerosoft aerodynes! 8)