X-Plane 11 Custom Commands not seen by Configurator. (Confirmed and Explained)

I am trying to setup a profile for the Thranda Caravan which uses numerous custom commands. However when for instance trying to assign custom commands for the Alpha Yoke starter switch, the Configurator doesn't see any of the Thranda commands.
An earlier thread, a year ago, suggested this would be fixed in v2.2 however this still fails to see the custom commands. (even when the plane is loaded in XP)

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

TinkerNZ

Edit: Got it working of sorts. Thranda provided me with the underlying dataref for the Starter Switch command, which incidently the Configurator also doesn't find. So I pasted the dataref into the required field in the Configurator and saved the profile. When opening the json file in a text editor the dataref field was "" blank.
            So I manually pasted the dataref into the json file, with the other values already there and accepted by the Configurator and now it works as intended. However a very long winded way of going about things.

Is v2.2 Configurator faulty or am I trying to do something beyond its scope??

• Aerosoft

Hi,

are you sure you are actually using CUSTOM NAME from withing the variable field to enter the custom data- and commandref names? If you just try to replace one of the X-Plane default names, it won't work, for sure.

If you make changes to a profile and the bridge module cannot find them trying to load in the sim, you should also get a warning message. If there is none, it either means it should work, or the variable did not make it into the .json at all.

Thank you for the explanation. You are correct in that I made the error not using CUSTOM NAME. That explains why the dataref I pasted into the field didn't show in the .json file. My bad, sorry.
I have repeated the action and it works now. Thank you for that.
However there are other switch configs I would still like to setup but I do not know the actual command or dataref from the Thranda custom list ( no published list I know of).
Even with the plane loaded in the sim and than running the Configurator, is there a way to search through available custom datarefs from within the Configurator? (like searching the Laminar datarefs)

Hope this makes sense.

TinkerNZ

• Aerosoft
Zitat

Even with the plane loaded in the sim and than running the Configurator, is there a way to search through available custom datarefs from within the Configurator?

Not from within the configurator, but take a look at this.

• TinkerNZ changed the title to X-Plane 11 Custom Commands not seen by Configurator. (Confirmed and Explained)

Archived