Charts App for Android Tablets - Bug!

Julian Rosenfeld

Hi!
Just subscribed to the NavDataPro Charts service and I love the LIDOs!
But: Unfortunately, I discovered a very annyoing bug of the Navdatapro app for Android tablets. 
When opening an IAC chart after pinning it to the Kneeboard for the first time, you can zoom in perfectly. However, when you close the chart and reopen it again, once you zoom in the whole chart appears very distorted (see picture). 
Weirdly, I have only seen this issue happening for Instrument Approach Charts (IAC) only.
I hope this issue will be fixed soon as it really makes it difficult to easily and effortless access the chart ^^
Kind regards, Julian

Please login to display this image.

• 4 months later...

Hi Julian,

any news about this ... has it been fixed?

Just considering to subscribe, but honestly: a vendor which is not answering mails and requests like yours ... not sure, if it will be the right way to go ...

Regards

Hans

• 4 weeks later...

Hey!
Yeah no. I got a reply from Aerosoft via Mail that there's nothing they can do about it as the programmer behind the App doesn't consider any updates atm. I think it's quite inconvenient to let somebody make an app for one's own product, without knowing if the programmer can continue to correct even the most annoying bugs!
That seems a bit unprofessional to me honestly... I'm a bit disappointed. I mean a chart viewer schouldn't be very hard to programm after all. Just a PDF-viewer with a built-in library. Done. And then they ask a programmer to develop that app (which functionality is limited and underwhelming compared to Navigraph's service for example) and then the programmer doesn't give a damn about it anymore after the release?
That's a bad move Aerosoft, sorry. I really expected more effort ^^

• Aerosoft

Would you be so kind as to share that replay to me at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com? As far as I know the full functionality of the app was taken over by the web application.  I am pretty sure we did not tell you that we do not give a damn. 

As you might know there is a major problem releasing an app that uses a paid service from a provider. We have to pay Apple or Google 30% of what you pay to be able to have the app online in their stores. It basically means that for these products we simply make no profit.  That is why we prefer web applications. 

As i have noticed myself the distortion happen only in case you zoom into the map with the two-finger-zoom via the touchscreen. A hit on the in-app zoom key (+ or -) instantly correct the distortion. Not a big issue, but i think the two-finger-zoom funktion, which was implemented later into the app, needs a little correction,only.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your response!
I understand the complexity behind publishing Apps for mobile devices. However, the app is much more convenient compared to a web service. Fixing the pinch to zoom and the duplicated charts (which happens for the web version too!) would be greatly appreciated. I don't expect any special functions like Moving Maps or writing on charts like other providers have, but by fixing those 2 major bugs it would make the user experience even better!
Kind regards!

PS: In the following picture you can see the "duplicated charts" bug I mentioned. The charts do have different publishing dates, but the name is the same ^^

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Julian Rosenfeld:

PS: In the following picture you can see the "duplicated charts" bug I mentioned. The charts do have different publishing dates, but the name is the same ^^

Julian, i guess this is how the Data is provided by Lufthansa. The reason why they provide the former cycle charts aswell, is that it´s logistically unpossible for the major airlines to have all navigation data of every aircraft FMGS updated right at the moment the new cycle is in place. Though the pilots are able to compare the charts data to their actual outdated FMGS, in case. 

So in fact, it´s more are feature (of realism) rather then an issue. 

Good point!
On the other hand, a clear indication of the chart with the latest publishing date on the chart overview page of NDP is required, so that the users don't need to tediously look for the up-to-date chart by first clicking on them. I find that to be quite annoying and inconvenient. The outdated chart could still be shown together with the associated updated one in the app - but - in an optimised and user friendly way. This could be achieved via an option in the settings if you want the outdated charts to show up in the selection or not. Or outdated charts greyed out.
There are many possibilities for handling the fact that "Lufthansa provides it that way", because that for me is not an excuse for not optimising the software according to that fact - that's why I highly appreciate Mathijs response that the associated Aerosoft staff will take a look into it!
Kind regards!

P.S.: The zoom keys (+ or -) you mentioned aren't available on the Android app. The only way to get rid of any distortion after pinching the chart to zoom in/out is to close and open the app again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...