When is the next version being released

Hi Ben, there have been several mentions over various topics below,  about HC working on the next SW version and I was wondering if you can provide us with some insight as to when they may happen? I'm quite happy with the stability and features with the current SW version, but I recall a while ago, that. maybe there were a number of changes or improvements being considered? Any word on this?

Cheers.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

yes..it is in the works albeit slower than we would have liked. Also, currently it's summer time where we are located, so that means holiday pace. I myself am coming back to working in general and on 2.2 specifically only next month.

From the top of my head, apart from bug fixes, the version will add a mapping summary function, an improved and streamlined ui layout and the ability to directly push and activate profiles into sim from the ConfigTool ui without the additional step of in-sim activation. It will also have an Airbus mode, to account for the Bravo's Airbus Throttle Add-On with its altered button layout.

Unrelated to X-Plane, 2.2 will also add a first round of full MSFS support.

• 1 month later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi guys,

so...I know that development towards 2.2 has been slowed down considerably during summer. Sorry for that..I am the first one who is also annoyed. Especially, as there are some show stopper issues on Mac and we want to get the Linux version out, as well. I wanted to get back to the project full steam in September already, but then...health interferred, unfortunately. So, the team is now planning to meet up next week to decide on how to shift into high gear again quickly and get this out to you as fast as possible.

Feature and bugfix wise version 2.2 is basically completed, there is just some adjustments that still need to happen for the Mac and Linux versions and we will have to decide on how to deploy available resources most efficiently towards that goal.

I will come back to you again next week once there is a clear understanding on what still needs to be done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi guys,

so as promised last week here is a quick update and some background information about what is going on with version 2.2, development-wise.

Due to its different components, targeted simulators (FSX, P3D, X-Plane, soon MSFS) and operating systems (Win, MacOS, soon Linux) the Honeycomb package is a team effort and each member of that team is simultaneously working on multiple other projects. The result of that is that the individual components are moving forward at different speeds...or at time periods just not moving at all, as the day only has 24 hours, people have vacation, get sick etc. But we are constantly evaluating available resources and taking decisions to improve the development process, in order to get things moving quicker. 

We e.g. have decided to discontinue development for the x86 platforms (that is everything FSX), as some of the under the hood changes in 2.2 would have required a major code rewrite in order to get them to work for those simulators. 

In that same light, speaking for myself, being originally at home only in the FSX/P3D/MSFS and Windows world, I also had to get myself acquainted with X-Plane development and, most recently, the MacOS environment. Like that I can now help out with that side of things as well, like...being a bit technical here...getting the plugin to compile on a M1 Mac for the x86_64 target architecture. Which happened just today.

So, bottom line is, while functionality-wise 2.2 is completed and also already tested for P3D/MSFS/X-Plane on Windows, there is still some components missing for MacOS. Those should be coming in until end of the month..so we can start testing them. If all goes well, it should not be too long after that before we can build the Windows and Mac installers and send them your way.

The Linux version will most likely have to be decoupled from the other ones, though. I hope to have some further info on that next month.

Like I had indicated above, we are annoyed by the delay as well, but we hope the above clears it up a bit. As soon as there is something new, I will come back to you in here.

Ben,

Thank you for keeping us appraised of the situation.

I understand that it would be better if you could publish the update for all platforms at once.  I would like nevertheless to say that I have just invested over CDN $800.00 to get the HC controls, I sold off my Saitek kit and deleted all my xplane profiles.  I now have trouble configuring profiles and there is no manual to refer to so, this is becoming a major setback for me and my hobby.

May  I suggest that you publish the update you have for the platforms that are ready now and start collecting feedback from those while you are finishing up on the Mac platform?

There is also the problem that a manual is not available other than what Heinz has started to do on the forum (much appreciated Heinz), and the videos @MrJaraNet published however there is no explanation for the file structures and relationships to the various platforms.  This is disappointing for such an expensive controls kit. I have raised a post asking for such and hope someone will react quickly.

Sorry for the rant, I have too much invested in my simulator to be “stuck” at this time.

Rackster

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @BenBaron! I sincerely hope it is acceptable that I ask for an update on this topic. I have recently invested in both the yoke and quadrant for my Linux-setup. Are there any news regarding the progress? Let me know if there is any interest in having a person try out any pre-release version if such is available.

Best regards,

Ari

• 4 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi guys,

so...another update a lot later than I would have wanted, but thats just how it goes during those "dynamic" times.

Due to the ongoing resource constraints we have decided to not hold what we already have and instead go for a two tier release of version 2.2: so we are now in the process of preparing the Windows installers of the 2.2 package for P3Dv4/5 and X-Plane. Once I gave them a final round of tests, I will upload them to our downloads section.

The other operating systems will follow suit as soon as we have them ready.

Again, I can understand any potential frustrations about the continued delays. If I weren't on the other side of the equatition, I would have them, too. But we hope that by taking this decision to not completely delay any further we can at least help out some people already and probably also already gather some feedback that we can channel into the Mac and Linux versions.

Thanks for your continued understanding. 

• Aerosoft

Hi Hermann,

sorry, but having some consecutive time for development is crucial, thats why I sometimes don't read or write on the forums for some days. Otherwise, my mind would be going crazy ;).

I also answered your German post, but here is the gist of it in English as well:

"I am currently targeting January for the first stage of the release for P3D/X-Plane Windows. P3D is still missing a probably last fix for the test installer, but this will only be possible in the new year. The installer test for X-Plane will follow after that."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any update on this please?. This is a 400+ Usd  piece of hardware. Cannot have such a slow / weak after sale support!!!. I can understand all the pandemic related issues… and don’t doubt about all good intentions but we (users) have paid a chunk of money and request the product to be fully functional and optimized (in Mac OS it is sub optimal)……

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...