Transferring license

killerbee1958

Hi

I have an option to buy the license to the A32xz bundle as the current owner has decided not to use the product anymore as he has found that another competing A32X product is more to his liking

My question is if the license conditions allow for this transfer (note that european regulations imho should allow this), however i want to make sure upfront i don not violate any conditions.

Can you please inform me if i can safely buy the license from a current owner.?

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is a quite complex matter. While it is in the EU allowed to sell/buy used software, the license transfer has to be iniated by the original owner, as he has to agree to the transfer. How this is finally being handled by the licensor (he might take a fee) may vary. Until then, I do NOT recommend to buy such "used" software. This applies especially to digital assets (downloaded software) and some software on DVDs where the license is being registered and tied to an account (like the new MFS)

Talking about software distributed on DVDs, CDs etc. in general, at least you need a written confirmation that the seller deleted all traces of the software on his side and doesnt keep any kind of backup.

But ALWAYS check also the EULA of the product in question, as licensors outside the EU usually take care a sh.. about EU regulations.

As you properly state you, as in Aerosoft, should allow the transfer based on EU regulations (both seller and buyer in this case are European citizens).

We both want to handle this properly, so indeed seller agrees to delete all traces of the software from his side and not to keep a backup but the questions here is of course if the EULA is indeed faciltating this as are the Aerosoft processes?

FOr instance, will i be allowed a future discount, ,if applicable, for owning the software as bought from the original buyer?

I am trying to make this a proper and correct and legitmate transfer and am looking for the position of Aerosoft on this.

Archived