Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

AES 1.94 and KDEN

KingCat

This is the first time I'm reporting an error when using AES. I guess there's got to be a first time for everything. :wink:

Ok. Here's the problem. I've been using KDEN from Imagine Simulation since AES 1.93, and everything was working great at KDEN. However, I just installed AES 1.94, and when I go to AESHelp for the first time after having installed AES 1.94, the following error message appears (see attached screenshot).

This is very strange, because I have not changed anything about the installation of KDEN. Like I said, everything was working ok in KDEN with AES 1.93

It looks like AES is trying to find KDEN in a non-existent folder (KDEN DenverRemote=).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jon

• Developer

Hi,

can you please check your scenery.cfg file, it looks like, that the <Return and/or Linefeed in this entry is gone, so that the next line (which is REMOTE= is moved to the end of the path of the line above.

Maybe a installed has damage the cfg.

It is also possible, that a "linefeed" is behind the path, but not the "Return", which could happens, when this files is opened with notepad or a editor like this.

But when you open the files with wordpad you could solve it, or go to the scenery library and select the path new, maybe the FS will also correct that.

I have checked my scenery.cfg and I have corrected the "Remote=" section. I moved "Remote=" to the next line, and now all is ok.

I just don't understand why this has changed? I haven't changed the installation path of KDEN or AES. The only thing that changed was the installation of AES 1.94. Very strange.

All is working now. Thanks.

Jon