Beaver FSX and FSForce Trim Gauge

peterhayes

Hi Support

I am a registered owner of the Aerosoft Beaver X and I also run Russel Dirk's FS Force for my Saitek FF Joystick. As part of the functionality of the FS Force program is that it "installs" a trim gauge in the 2D Panel. Unfortunately because the Beaver has no 2D panel I get a message each time I select the Beaver in FSX stating that the trim gauge is not installed on this plane. Is there a workaround for this and would it be possible to insert the gauge (accessed via the 1 and 7 numeric keys) in the VC? I am running FSX SP2 in WinXP Pro SP2, all other payware aircraft install the trim gauge without issue.

Thanks

PeterH

Hi,

I am not so good in these panel things, but I guess the easiest way would be to add a transparent 2D panel to the panel.cfg of the BeaverX (standard wheel version).

I am not so sure, what attributes are required for the panel. Maybe something like this at the top of the panel.cfg:

[Window Titles]

Window00=Main Panel

[Window00]

size_mm=640

position=7

visible=0

no_luminous=1

ident=MAIN_PANEL

zorder=0

windowsize_ratio=1.000

window_pos=0.0,0.0

window_size=1.000,1.000

But this goes without guarantee. Maybe some of the parameters are not right? In any case, make a backup of your panel.cfg, before you try anything.

Hi Manuel ansd Shaun

Good suggestion re transparent/blank panel- will try and report back.

Shaun - Yes it was the developer who suggested I posted here in case there was a simple fix such as that suggested by Manuel.

Thanks again

PeterH