Broken Installers???

AlphaWhiskeyFoxtrot

Love the Products, but every time i try to install them, I have to manually move the files from the "Aerosoft" folder in C/.../programflies... into the Addon scenery folder. this happened with dillingham, Lukla, and Monaco. Is there a way to fix that or should I just continue doing it manually.

THX,

AWF

Hello AWF,

The installers normally find the location via the registry entry, if they dont find the correct path then you can browse to the correct location of your Flight Sim by using the Browse button on the installer!!

There really shouldn't be a need to install them in a temp folder and then copy them to flightsim.

Hello AWF,

I see what your doing now my apologies.

In actual fact most of the software we have should install to the following folder in FS9.

*:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Aerosoft

It's designed this way to keep all your Aerosoft Products (mainly scenery and aircraft manuals) in the same folder.

There is no necessity to move them from there at all.

The Add-On folder has its uses but as I say you can leave all Aerosoft Installed files in the Aerosoft Folder and they'll run perfectly fine.

Ok, I'm to stupid to get the idea :lol:

this is where the scenery was installed:

C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XAerosoftLukla - Mount Everest X (with subfolders)

I do not get the actual scenery in the sim so if what you are saying is that is should work is that because there is something interfeering with it? or should I stick the Aerosoft folder into here:

C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XAddon Scenery

Thanks for you help.

AWF

Have you checked to make sure the scenery is "active" in the scenery library?

Scenery does not need to be in the main FS folders at all. I keep my scenery files on my E: drive while FS9 and FSX reside on the C: drive. Just double check to make sure they are active in the library.