FSMAP DEMO VERSION and Multi-player

drmckee

I downloaded the demo version a few days ago and am using it in FS9. The program is GREAT! I have used FSMovingMap in the kneeboard, but FSMAP is faster and with much more functionality. Good Job.

I have imported USA sectionals but only see the World map. If I go to Frankfurt, Germany area, the Demo map shows up and works well.

Is the Demo version crippled in some fashion to ONLY show Germany Demo map or should I be able to see USA if the maps were correctly installed?

Also, I fly in multiplayer mode most of the time with my Deer Valley Flying Club members. BUT when logged on to our multi-player server, the FS9 sim crashes as soon as I start FSMap from the cockpit.

I likely will purchase the full version of this wonderful program, but I first must correct the multi-player problem or the program will be of no use.

Danny

• Aerosoft
I was expecting better 'support' in the support forum than I am getting. Does the author or anyone with product knowledge monitor these forums?

Danny

Sorry somehow your post was missed (think because it was not the right forum, use the Utilities forum next time).

First of all, we just posted an update to 1.01. Not sure how this affects your crashing issue, but for sure try it. But no matter what, it should not happen.

The demo should allow the import of 3 maps if I am correct (not at home now so I can't check), if the map does not show I think something has not gone right in calibrating it. If this information is not correct I'll correct it on Monday.

I was expecting better 'support' in the support forum than I am getting. Does the author or anyone with product knowledge monitor these forums?

Danny

Hi Danny,

Sorry my friend but we've all been fairly busy getting things tweeked :)

I'm unsure as to what you should be seeing re the map(s) within the demo version. I would imagine that you will only get the map supplied with the demo.

As to your MP issue I don't use FS2004 (FSX only) and I know it works in FSX therefore unless someone else can pipe in with this I'm not 100% sure on the answer but, rest assured I will find out as soon as and get Thomas to respond asap.

As to your MP issue I don't use FS2004 (FSX only) and I know it works in FSX therefore unless someone else can pipe in with this I'm not 100% sure on the answer but, rest assured I will find out as soon as and get Thomas to respond asap.

Thanks for your post. I am using FS9. I did try it in MP last evening and was successful in seeing the two other MP pilots flying with me in New Zealand. After ten minutes, or so, of flying, the sim crashed . . . but, I now suspect the possibility of a scenery issue at that location, as it crashes without FSMap running. So my test was flawed by my choice of where in the world I wanted to test FSMap.

Danny

So is the MP issue solved now? Did you import the US charts as JGW or TFW files? If yes, then your map viewing might be caused by a bug in v1.0, which is solved with the new update.

And sorry that I missed your post...

Thomas

Sorry somehow your post was missed . . . First of all, we just posted an update to 1.01. . . for sure try it.

The demo should allow the import of 3 maps.

Thank you for your reply. I would never have thougth to go to the UTILITIES section of the forum. I searched the site but did not find the link for the update. Then I checked the UTILITIES forum and saw your post there regarding the 1.01 version. I have d/l the update and have it installed. I will test the demo again this evening (USA time) and hopefully the Multi-player will work well.

Thanks again for your support.

Danny

So is the MP issue solved now? Did you import the US charts as JGW or TFW files? If yes, then your map viewing might be caused by a bug in v1.0, which is solved with the new update.

And sorry that I missed your post...

Thomas

Thanks for your post Thomas. I did install the update and confirmed it is 1.01.22 (I believe). I can now import 3 maps. The sectionals are in JPG format and approximately 2Megs to 6Megs in size. That problem appears resolved.

The MP issue was not resolved, however. I logged onto our club's server this afternoon with the default Cessna 182. As soon as I clicked the 'gauge switch' on the 2D panel, to bring up the FSMap Gauge window, the sim crashed. I restarted the sim and started FSMap in the 2D cockpit mode. Once the map was displayed, I logged onto the server with the same resulting CRASH. Again, this is in FS9. It works great in my testing OFF-Line. I really like the product. I still have FSMoving map installed and use it frequently but FSMap could quickly replace that provided I can get the MP problem resolved, otherwise it is a deal killer, because I fly 95% or greater in Multi-player mode.

I was testing it for our Deer Valley Flying Club in order to write a review for the club members. Several members had expressed interest in the product. Right now, for me, it is a Love/Hate relationship with FSMap.

Danny

In the event others are following this thread regarding a problem with my sim crashing when FSMap is switched on while flying in a multi-player session, Thomas has apparently resolved that problem.

I certainly am well pleased with the support that has been offered. I will likely continue with the demo version until it expires and fully test its capabilities. But I am certainly happy with what I see thus far with FSMap in my FS9 sim.

Danny