Stopping services

robvanderwiele

Hello,

Are there any plans to implement functionality for stopping and starting services? Like the program AlacrityPC does, this program is very old but still works with window 10. I can use this and start it from SimStarter but it would be more convenient when this could be defined in SimStarter itself.

Regards,

Rob

• Deputy Sheriffs

This tool makes only sense when you are still running FSX and not having more then 4GB memory. Its pupose was/is to save RAM by stoping services when running FSX on a PC with 4GB RAM as soon as you have more then 4GB RAM it simply makes little sense, as FSX can get all the Memory (max 4GB). Additionally development of Simstarter NG is now closed since Simstarter NG P3D is available:

And on a modern 64bit platform like P3Dv4/5 AlacrityPC makes no sense at all.

• Verified Developer
vor 3 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

This tool makes only sense when you are still running FSX and not having more then 4GB memory. Its pupose was/is to save RAM by stoping services when running FSX on a PC with 4GB RAM as soon as you have more then 4GB RAM it simply makes little sense, as FSX can get all the Memory (max 4GB). Additionally development of Simstarter NG is now closed since Simstarter NG P3D is available:

And on a modern 64bit platform like P3Dv4/5 AlacrityPC makes no sense at all.

Thanks Otto, but this might be a missunderstanding. 🙂

vor 5 Stunden , robvanderwiele sagte:

Hello,

Are there any plans to implement functionality for stopping and starting services? Like the program AlacrityPC does, this program is very old but still works with window 10. I can use this and start it from SimStarter but it would be more convenient when this could be defined in SimStarter itself.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

if I get you right you would like to Start/Stop Windows Services. At the moment that is not planned (you can do this via batch file - I am pretty sure you are familiar with that). Where would you need it? Sounds like an Feature Request for CleanDesk - right?

Archived