Running SimStarter on remote PC (other than main FSX PC)

skycamel

Hi,

maybe an odd situation, but I'm running FSX on a dedicated PC and have two other PC's for other software/add-on's I run.

I'm aware and understand (I think 😉 ) of the SimstarterClient.

But, what I would like to achieve is to run SimStarter on my laptop, which is in the same network but further has nothing to do with the simulation.

I'm using my laptop to create my flightplan (Simbrief) and to configure FSCaptain for my upcoming flight.

All relevant files are automatically stored on their respective PC's.

Once I'm finished my preparation I would then like to start everything from SimStarter running on my laptop.(instead of moving to my FSX PC in an other room to start SimStarter there)

I adjusted all the path's in the settings of SimStarter so they would point to the directories of my FSX PC.

And like this I can make my profiles etc ... So far so good.

The "problem" occurs when I start the profile. Even when in the start manager I point to the FSX.exe on my FSX PC it will try to run FSX (loaded from my FSX PC)

on my laptop, which of course is certainly not what I want. I know this is normal behavior on Windows but is there any work around to remotely start FSX on the FSX PC?

Cheers,

Luc

Well, it looks like I can answer my own question :-))

I installed and ran SimstarterClient on my FSX PC with the program's (FSX, ...) I want to start and it's working fine.

I had to put some "dummy" program in the SimStarter STARTMANAGER because it can't be empty.

So I created a batch file with only "exit" command in it so the cmd window opens and closes.

It looks like it's working fine like this.

Cheers,

Luc

Archived