View conflict with ChasePlane and/or HotKeySelect

CaptainSunSet

Hi

I usually fly the Aerosoft A319 (latest update) in P3DV4. I also run ChasePlane (latest update). I have the Aerosoft viewing bars completely disabled (in MCDU options).

In P3D camera.cfg I have HotKeySelect=4 for the TopDown view (=default) and the HotKeySelect=7 for the FlyBy view (=my preference; not default). In P3D control settings, HotKeySelect4 is then mapped to the F12 key and HotKeySelect=7 to the F11 key.

In flight, pressing F12 will bring up a zoomed out version of the overhead panel. Pressing F12 a second time produces the desired Top-Down view.

In flight, pressing F11 will bring up the view from the pilot seat on the right. Pressing F11 a second time (or repeatedly) does not do anything. View stay "right pilot seat".

How can this conflict be resolved?

3 hours ago, CaptainSunSet said:

Hi

I usually fly the Aerosoft A319 (latest update) in P3DV4. I also run ChasePlane (latest update). I have the Aerosoft viewing bars completely disabled (in MCDU options).

In P3D camera.cfg I have HotKeySelect=4 for the TopDown view (=default) and the HotKeySelect=7 for the FlyBy view (=my preference; not default). In P3D control settings, HotKeySelect4 is then mapped to the F12 key and HotKeySelect=7 to the F11 key.

In flight, pressing F12 will bring up a zoomed out version of the overhead panel. Pressing F12 a second time produces the desired Top-Down view.

In flight, pressing F11 will bring up the view from the pilot seat on the right. Pressing F11 a second time (or repeatedly) does not do anything. View stay "right pilot seat".

How can this conflict be resolved?

I believe this is a Chaseplane issue.  I also run Chaseplane, and as such I only map to Chaseplane.  It sounds like you're trying to use Chaseplane and P3D views at the same time, which can be done but not without some conflicts.

Anyway, the Airbus and P3D views work perfectly without Chaseplane installed, so we have to call this one a Chaseplane issue, however I'm sure Keven at FSFX will say the same thing, use either Chaseplane or P3D views.

Best wishes!

Thank you for the swift response. This will be my fallback solution 🙂

In the meantime I was able to fix 50% of the problem: there are also aircraft specific camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg that use HotKeySelects (not just camera.cfg). I was able to remove the HotKeySelect=7 from the Aerosoft Airbus A319 aircraft.cfg and now the "flyby" view works flawlessly.

However, I suspect that somewhere in the Aerosoft Airbus files there is still a place / file where another HotKeySelect=4 is used (besides camera.cfg and aircraft.cfg) but sofar I was unable to locate the file.

Archived