PFPX installation folders

Hi,

I was using PFPX for years purchased from AS. The old version was installed somewhere between the other AS files and could not be located by the normal Windows uninstall utility. Very surprising for me.

When the new version came I had installed it using the built in installer, which located the software in Program files (x86). Definitely the old version was not removed from the system and now I have both of them active.

The reason why I am writing all this is because I strongly feel that the new version (2.03) is mixed with the old one and the result is improper operation. I noticed all this when tried to apply some new fuel policy and the program was trying to read data from completely different folder. Next is the RAD restrictions, which obviously are not taken into consideration either due to wrong folder or due to some bug.

My basic question to all here is mainly how can I remove the old version? Second is if someone knows the folder structure of v. 2.03 in order to put the plane profile files, policies, etc. in a proper place.

Thank you!

Whilst the .exe is installed in a different location Georgi the core files remain in exactly the same place:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\

Are you launching PFPX from an old shortcut ?

22 hours ago, srcooke said:

Are you launching PFPX from an old shortcut ?

Hi Stephen,

The answer is yes. It launches from both shortcuts, which I feel is creating me all the problems.

Archived