AES stopped working

martinlest

An hour ago it was fine. Now all my AES airports give this red error message. All I did was reboot in between...

I ran 'AESHELP' but not sure what I am supposed to do once the programme opens: I tried reinstalling the base pack (1.92a) and resync/repair, but neither helped. I daren't do any more in case I lose all the airports I activated through the credits I bought.

Hope you can help get this running again ASAP!

Thanks

Martin

Can't see any error message at all. When I run AESHelp, I just get the usual AES programme selection window, with tabs for 'Set Aircraft Parameters', 'Activation of Airports'. Where would there be an error message.

Fortunately, I managed to get around this problem: I am an almost fanatical backer-up of my FS9 files & folders. My setup is so complex I could never recreate it from scratch, so I copy over all new & changed files (via a batch script) to an external drive every few days. Restoring my backed up AES folder after moving the problem one restored all the airports to working order.

Even so, I would like to know where to look for error messages for future use.

Thanks. (By the way, just discovered today your remarkable EDDW scenery! Obviously the precursor to AES. Great stuff. Wie ein kluger Mensch du bist!!).

Martin :-)

• Verified Developer

Hallo,

please send a Zip of the two files named AES_0001.DAT and AES_0002.DAT (both direct in the ..AerosoftAES directory) to support@aerosoft.de, so that they can provide it to me (include a link to this post)

Then I can have a look to it.