AES Question

rfbarber

I had to do the same thing a few weeks ago after a rebuild of my computer. What I did was to copy the entire FS set up onto an external hard drive and then simply copy the AES set up back onto the new install of FS9. I guess if you dont have an external Drive you can copy and paste the AES file as it is now (before you wipe FS9) into somewhere safe and then copy all the files back into the new AES file of Flight sim after the reinstall has been done. It will mean downloading AES base file again and then just copy your old file on top of the new one when you have loaded it...Hope this helps.

Geoff

• Developer

Do the following:

- Make a backup of all files you find direct below <FSmain>AerosoftAES (without subdirectories)

- after your format and reinstall of the FS and Addons before you reinstall AES, create the subdir AEROSOFTAES and copy the files back to that location.

- Then run the newest AES installer and you only need to set the checkboxes of the airports you have used now. Activations and Credits and configurations will be back, also on the most Aircrafts.

• Developer

Hi,

did you only reinstall your FS or did you format the Harddisk? If only the first, then just run the AES 1.92 installer again and all is back, you only need to check the airports you had before, the activation is allready done.

If the second, you will have you Credit SN in you shop account, so you can enter them after the AES install.

Thanks Oliver,

It was only an FS9 reinstall, but despite that, my remaining credits are gone, as are all enabled airports. All attempts at reinstallation are fruitless.

I'm hoping I'll hear from Aerosoft regarding a solution.

Cheers

Chip

• Developer

Hi,

send a email to support@aerosoft.com and attache a zip of the files *.DAT you find direct in the ..aerosoftAES main directory (not that one in subdir DATA)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer
Hi Oliver,

Shaun suggested I get back to you for the status of my request. May I assume you received the files?

Many Thanks

Chip

No Sorry.

• Developer

Hi,

I got the file: You have a clean installation, so enter the Creditpack Serialnumbers (you find them in you shop account) in AESHelp and assign Credit you have then to the Airports you want. Same as you have done it the first time.

(After that, make a backup of the DAT files, so that you have it for the next time).