Aspen mesh issues

Hello I bought the Aerosoft Aspen from the X-Plane.org Store, I have tried everything but can not get it to look right, i am using forkboys Ortho Colorado Photos, so I installed the "AS_KASE-ASPEN-ORTHOMESH-REQUIRED-FILES" Zip file. The manual says there is another "Aerosoft - KASE Aspen - Mesh_a" directory that wasn't included, is that what is causing my problem with the drop-offs in the mesh?

Please login to display this image.

scenery_packs.ini

Log.txt

No it is not solved, and I did not ever get the files that are in the "Aerosoft - KASE Aspen - Mesh_b" directory, they were not included in the "AS_KASE-ASPEN-ORTHOMESH-REQUIRED-FILES" Zip file, If I remove  all the KASE Aspen directories and go back to default the mesh looks correct, with no cliffs.

Please login to display this image.

Ok so have a look at this sheet. The Mesh_b folder is not required because it only covers the area around the airport but not the airport itself.

All files with the "required" tag have to be in higher priority than the orthophoto. Your mesh dropoff is because the airport is currently flattened according to your screenshot. If it's not the priority issue you might have manually set xplane to flatten all airports?

On 7/18/2018 at 12:45 AM, Marten said:

Ok so have a look at this sheet. The Mesh_b folder is not required because it only covers the area around the airport but not the airport itself.

All files with the "required" tag have to be in higher priority than the orthophoto. Your mesh dropoff is because the airport is currently flattened according to your screenshot. If it's not the priority issue you might have manually set xplane to flatten all airports?

I have my x-plane set to flatten all airports, and all the scenery files are above any other ortho and mesh files in my scenery config file.

Well then you found the issue. Don't manipulate native XPlane settings like flattening. There are clear reasons why they deleted the possibility to control it from XP10 to XP11. 

Use it out of the box without flattening and you will be good. 

On 7/22/2018 at 1:28 AM, Marten said:

Well then you found the issue. Don't manipulate native XPlane settings like flattening. There are clear reasons why they deleted the possibility to control it from XP10 to XP11. 

Use it out of the box without flattening and you will be good. 

Yes it was the flatten airport option, everything is looking good now, I do have the runways follow terrain contours checked now, but I have some airports that require it to be unchecked, is there any way to edit those so the will not have floating buildings?

Archived