Saved flight + Use different situation settings

nas123

First, thank you for your very good utility program. It is a must have in my flightsim collection.

I have a homecockpit with multiple windows and screens and have a Saved Scenario in order to load my predefined windows and screen setups. The homecockpit is based on PMDG B737NGX. It works very well. 

I have tried to set up SImStarter NG with a Saved flight ( using my saved Scenario with my default windows/screens setup. It works OK.

What I really like to have is a way use this default setup, in order to keep my windows/Screens setup with the ability to add "Use different situation settings" also in order to alter the starting position. 

So far I have not succeeded with this as my windows/Screens setup is not correct after loading.

Is there anything I could do to make it work? Will you add this feature?

Now I have to load my saved scenario to the starting position set in the saved sceario file, then change the position and have another load of everyhing.

• Verified Developer

Thank you for your nice feedback. This question has been answered several times. :O)

Please read manual chapter "2.1.3 SAVED FLIGHTS AND SITUATION SETTINGS"

I am sorry, this can't be fixes by me. Use a default aircraft to load the sim and then switch to your complex aircraft.

Thanks for your fast response.

Yeah, I know about the advance airplane direct loading issues, especially the PMDG B737NGX I am using in my homecockpit.

But, nothing is unsolvable.

Why not:

1. Instead of directly load a Saved Scenario (fxml file) that is modified with the "Use different situation setting"

2. Start P3Dv4 with the default airplane with the Scenario Startup Sceen active.

3. Get info that from P3Dv4 that Scenario Startup Screen loading is finished. 

4. Launch the modiied saved Scenario file into P3Dv4.

If this was implemented you had really helped the community to get rid of the "advance airplane direct loading issues" + the ability to load airplanes with a predefined windows and screens setup.

The loading times would me more or less the same.

Doing this you would be not only my hero, but for a lot of flightsim users.

• Verified Developer

You can try it with SIMstarter NG already - but I never tested. Just click "Use different situation settings" > Make your settings > Check "Show scenario startup screen". :O)

Archived