Brakes don't work no matter what I do

Hi there. I've spent the last 3 days trying to get back into the swing of things with X-plane. It's been 10 years!

Anyhoo... I bought the B777 and the last 3 days have been nothing but complete frustration. No matter what I do as soon as I get into the plane be it on the ramp or runway the damn thing starts rolling away. None of the wheel brakes work, I've tried remapping keys, different input methods etc. I can't even get the Nose Wheel steering toggle to work! So I can't even use the momentum to simply drive and navigate through the airport (literally) to get to the runway.

Ive gone through the checklist a million times, I've even watched a Youtube video about 4 times all the way through (1hour 30 minutes of checklist, take off and ILS landing) to see if I'm doing something wrong or missing something. Can someone please point me in the direction of what I may be doing wrong! Surely the sim should start with the parking brake ON right?!

Plane 11.11, latest B777 200LR

Im at my friggin' wits end!

First of all, make sure that you really open the X-Plane 11 version of the 777, the folder still includes one for X-Plane 10 which does not work correctly. X-Plane's flight config screen shows you both.

Are your controls working correctly in other aircraft?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived