Chegg's Diary

Chegg

Around the World in Eighty Days

By Chegg (Thomas C. Bagley)

I have decided to fly this event, as it seems fun and will get me back in to flight simulation, hopefully.

All flights will be flown in a Boeing 747-400.  Delta Airlines and its SkyTeam partners will be my sponsors.  Thank you, www.vdelta.org

Planned Dates, Route, & Lodging

• Leg 1: London to Suez (October 2-10)  I will be staying with a few relatives in Suez.
  • Leg 2: Suez to Bombay (October 10-23) I have arranged to stay with a few Hindu monks to learn the arts for the time period.
  • Leg 3: Bombay to Calcutta (October 23-26) I have reached out to even more Hindu monks to continue my learning of Hindu Philosophy.
  • Leg 4: Calcutta to Hong Kong (October 26-November 8) I have business friends in Hong Kong and have decided to lodge with them for the time being to catch up on life and discuss business.
  • Leg 5: Hong Kong to Yokohama (November 8-14) I will be staying at a local hotel and will be touring major landmarks, including Kannai, the silk museum, and the marine tower.
  • Leg 6: Yokohama to San Francisco (November 14-December 5) I will be staying at my grandmothers house and be touring museums and cafes with her.
  • Leg 7: San Francisco to New York City (December 5-12)  I will be lodging at any hotel Frank Sinatra has stayed at, and tour the Radio City Music Hall.
  • Leg 8: New York to London (December 12-21)  I will finally arrive home, celebrate, and unpack.  Done! :)

Official Route Planning for the Event Administration

Official Flight Plan: I will be compiling my route into .kmz format before the start of my first flight and will be uploading it to this diary for your advantage.

Event Pictures

At the ending of each leg, I will be printing pictures from the flight and pinning them here.

Wish me luck! 

Archived