Best order to Install FS & Addons?

FirmamentFX

Hi guys,

I am the very happy and proud owner of a nice new GFX card (NVidia 8800 GTS 640MB), and as such have snap restored to a completely fresh copy of XP Pro SP2.

Then I installed FS9 and 9.1 and the SDKs.

Now I have installed FS Global 2005.

NOW - what is the best order to install everything else in?

I am guessing that meshes come first, followed by vector scenery (UT for example), followed by VFR scenery (MegaScenery/Horizon stuff/FranceVFR/Spain VFR etc etc), followed finally by airports and other scenery (like aerosoft airports and stuff).

What about addons like Ground Env Pro, ActiveSky, Radar Contact, EditVoicePack etc? Where should they come in the list for optimal results?

Many thanks!!

Martin

To be honest I can't give you a perfect order due to my lack of knowledge :P

But I think you started at a good way. FS Global 2005 is a global mesh, right? I than would install all addons that add landclasses and streets like UT. After that I would continue with the addons which change textures like Ground Environment and Flight Environment. After that I think there are only some addons which need the right order like the Aerosoft GAP and for example the aircraft addons from PMDG. I can't give you the right order to these addons. But I think they are the only some which need a special install order (try search here in the forum for these specific addons).

For all others it is more important that you manage the right priorities in the scenery manger (not sure how this option in FS menu is called in english). I think for FS Global there is something in the manual about this and in the case it is important you will likly find something in the manual.

I started a fresh FS9 installation this week and I did it this way:

- FS9

- 9.1 update

- Mesh

- Flight Environment

- Ground Environment

- Active Sky

- Scenery Addons

- Aircraft Addons.

It worked :)

Tim

Thanks Tim. I am using an install to "mess around" on at the moment to find what works and doesn't. When I've done that I am going to snap restore my disk to a clean FS install and start on the "real" installation :D

Martin