Showing Aircraft Type in AI labels

StewartSky

Shaun: First, a very belated but heartfelt "Thank You" for your past advice on my question about "Aircraft Failures". Loading the default flight out of KSEA did the trick!!

New problem: Someone a while back told me how to go to the FS9.cfg file to be able to determikne just I want showing on AI labels. I only want the airline and type of aircraft i.e. United and 747 or British and A340 or Air Canada and A320, etc. For some reason, I appear to have lost the ability to get the type of aircraft, even though I have a "1" by the "Show Label Model" line item in FS9.cfg. Can you give me some advice.

Thanks for having the best FS forum I have ever found.

Best regards,

I thought this was possible via the traffic options within FS9? If you have it running go to settings/traffic. I'm sure there are options there for what you want displaying.

I'm away from the home PC at the moment so can't check, sorry.

Here are my settings reached from the main FS9/traffic menu prior to launching the sim, as I mentioned above they can be reached from the tool bar if you are flying (press tab if you are running full screen mode to access the menu) .

traffic_settings_01.jpg

Dear Nick: Thanks for the quick rresponse. I am never let down at this forum!

Followed your advice and have the aircraft model showing again. Started by checking all boxes, and then backed off to end up with just what I wanted. Kind of a "work around".

Going into FS9.cfg gives you more options than Settings/Traffic, which is the reason I was directed there in the first place. However, your solution worked just fine for what I need. Thanks!!

Hope you are away from home PC because you are on a fabulous vacation. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Hi Stewart, glad that helped.

Here is the entry from the aircraft.cfg. Please note this does not match the settings in the image above as I have AI disabled in this text below.

[TrafficManager]

TrafficDensity=100

IFROnly=0

EnableAirline=0

EnableGeneralAviation=0

[AContain]

ShowLabels=1

ShowUserLabel=0

ShowLabelManufacturer=1

ShowLabelModel=1

ShowLabelTailNumber=0

ShowLabelDistance=1