Activesky

seahawk09

Don't hesitate for even a minute!

This is one of the best FS purchases to make. A utility which once tried will never be abandoned.

Of course it is mainly for those who like flying with real weather. If you do, you will fall in love with it. The present weather is automatically downloaded and updated and (once the menu options are properly configured) changed fluently. Your AI traffic (if used) will automatically be reloaded for proper runway choice. You may experience various cloud and visibily layers, crosswind, windshear, thunderstorms, rain and snow in a much better way than the default weather engine would allow.

It's also a great tool if flying online, e.g. via VATSIM. There is usually no meteo conflict between AS and VATSIM.

You may pre-download weather from all you enroute stations via special New Route options where you can choose any ready flightplan you made.

What else? There is a special function of voice weather report. By setting proper radio fequency you may listen to spoken description (ATIS-like) of weather conditions at the nearest station but also at you destination, which is very helpful with arrival predictions (runway and STAR, wind, visibility, etc)..

AS works great with Ground Environment Pro if you own it. They support each other in creating very realisting visual environment experience.

The application doesn't kill you FPS in any way. Especially if you use some lighter clouds offered by FE or some of the freeware DXT packages available at AVSIM.

And the AS support is great, patches are quite frequent and free.

I am absolutely sure you won't regret it. Although I take no responsibility and give no refunds! :wink:

In my opinion, it's one of the four most crucial addons to have while FS-ing. My list of the essentials is like that:

- FSUIPC

- Ultimate Terrain

- Ground Environment

- Active Sky

After adding a good navigational tool (FSNav, FSBuild or FSC) and Active Camera, you get a great simulator, don't you.

I'm sure others could add here many more advantages of having Active Sky.

Best regards,

Rafal

P.S. I didn't mention AES but it has a great potential to add to this list. I love it!

Can anyone give an opinion on ASX running on FSX yet? I've yet to try any weather add-ons and with FSX Perfomance as it is, I was wondering if it's time to try ASX.

Can anyone give an opinion on ASX running on FSX yet? I've yet to try any weather add-ons and with FSX Perfomance as it is, I was wondering if it's time to try ASX.

ASX don't have any impact on performance as far as I can see - I might be imagining, but I actually think I gained a few fps after installing ASX and XG.

...and it's beautiful!

I will add to this, I never thought I was a big guy on weather or even cared, but I can tell you after purchasing the ASX and the X-Graphics, I am constantaly blown away with this add on. By far one of the best yet that I have added. I now find myself taking screenshots constantly, which I never really cared to do.

In my testing with FSX, I haven't seen any FPS dropoff by using this (which I don't know how this is possible with what you get).

Good luck,

Chad