AVG Threat

danch53

I purchased the one-month NavDataPro packaged, but when I executed the download, my AVG virus protection notifed me of a threat The notification said:

Threat: Embedded file extension spoofing

Object name: AS_NAVDATAPRO_3.zip

I discontinued the download. Can you recommend whether it is indeed safe to ignore this notification and proceed with the download? 

Thanks for your help on this.

If that occurred during a download then you should put in a Support Ticket - and PM me what support tells you.  If the file has been infiltrated, they'll need to know.  If the file is clean, they need to contact all the major antivirus producers (standard procedure).

This is especially important as anytime we install any flight sim software, we first disable our antivirus (which has been common practice for many years) purely because we're a niche community and antivirus software producers are not familiar with our files).

Again, please keep me in the loop on this.

Best wishes.

• Aerosoft

Yeah, those things happen all the time unfortunately. The worst thing is that if you contact AVG, AVAST etc etc they don't react. Only Norton ever paid an invoice I send them about the damage a false positive caused us.

Ignore it.

Archived